AfterDawn Forums

PSP error 8002014C

This discussion thread has 27 messages.

#1
Whats wrong my PSP it keeps saying error 8002014C when i try to load my GBA emulator gpSP wats wrong I have everything on?
▼▼ This topic has 26 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
#2
mrmcman Suspended account
what firmware version do u have? i need to know this to help u. the problem probably is that u have a version that doesnt support homebrew, HOWEVER, u may be able to fix that, if u tell me wat ur version is

(+[__]%) put this psp in ur siggy. just do it.
PSP Firmware: constantly changing, currently GoldenEye.
#3
Originally posted by mrmcman:
what firmware version do u have? i need to know this to help u. the problem probably is that u have a version that doesnt support homebrew, HOWEVER, u may be able to fix that, if u tell me wat ur version is
Usually when you have one that doesn't support it, it just doesn't show up. It's probably that he is putting it in the wrong folder. If your on custom firmware it goes in the game150 folder. If you are on 1.5 it goes in the game folder.
#4
My firmware is 3.10 OE . I have a Game150 folder and I put the roms on but still same answer
#5
Wait my GAME folder has %__SCE__GBA and __SCE__GBA while my GAME150 gpSP and gpSP%. Is it supposed to be like this?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Jun 2007 @ 18:13
#6
Somebody please help
#7
mrmcman Suspended account
ya, u need to put them both in the GAME150 folder, or the game wont run

(+[__]%) put this psp in ur siggy. just do it.
PSP Firmware: constantly changing, currently GoldenEye.
#8
Originally posted by mrmcman:
ya, u need to put them both in the GAME150 folder, or the game wont run
I am trying to get my Hot Shots Golf onto my memory stick. I am geting the same error message. What is meant by "both" must be in the game 150 folder? Both umdumper and umddumper% files? I had only copied both into the "game" folder.
#9
any homebrews should be put into game150 in psp (unless told other wise) E.G G:/psp/game150/homerew in here

then run it and it should load also you will need the gba BIOS if it gpsp

if it still doesnt work then try updateing your cfw 3.10oe is a bit old now :-)


DERP DERP
#10
I put umddumper and umddumper% into the game50 folder (so now it is in both folders) and I added some pictures into my photo folder.

Now when I connect my PSP by USB cable, it says "Please wait...." It wont connect to my computer!? I wanna cry!
#11
I was able to hook it up to my other PC and it connects via USB. I deleted umddumper and umddumper% from the game folder so they would only be in the game150 folder. I still get the game wont start error 8002014c message.

For some reason, I am also unable to get into recovery mode by holding down the right trigger button while restarting the PSP....
#12
Sorry, but I forgot to mention I have a slim PSP. Also, when I had the CFW 3.71 M33-4 installed, I am not sure if my buddy installed anything prior to this FW. WOuld it be best to start over with the FW, downgrade and build it back up?
#13
right theres your problem slim psp cant run fw lower than 3.60 so how your running 3.10oe i dont no so go to system -> system information and tell us what fw your on.

also if your trying to run homebrews on a slim you need to put them in the game folder and not game150 becasue it doesnt have the 1.50 kernel.
also some homebrews dont work on the slim because it doesnt have the 1.50 kernel.

DERP DERP
#14
Originally posted by Dr1ver:
right theres your problem slim psp cant run fw lower than 3.60 so how your running 3.10oe i dont no so go to system -> system information and tell us what fw your on.

also if your trying to run homebrews on a slim you need to put them in the game folder and not game150 becasue it doesnt have the 1.50 kernel.
also some homebrews dont work on the slim because it doesnt have the 1.50 kernel.
Driver, I have 3.71 M33-4
#15
sorry got mixed up with who i was answering lol

yer if you have a slim then put your homebrews into game
some homebrews dont work on on a slim psp but if you use the time machine you can get 1.50 fw on your slim so you can run all homebrew

DERP DERP
#16
Originally posted by Dr1ver:
sorry got mixed up with who i was answering lol

yer if you have a slim then put your homebrews into game
some homebrews dont work on on a slim psp but if you use the time machine you can get 1.50 fw on your slim so you can run all homebrew
Which tutorial do I need to read (there are so many) to get my games into the game folder?
#17
have you ripped the game into an iso if not use filer to do it it can be found here all you need to do is put the folder filer into game150. read the readme on how to use it. once you finish ripping the game it will put it into a folder called iso in the root of your memory stick that is where any .iso or.cso game will go.

DERP DERP
#18
to play some homebrew ur guna need the kernel addon but im not really familiar with oe so idk

LiL SHR4K~3.71 M33-2^3.71 M33-4^3.80 M33^-4^-5^3.90 M33-2^5.00 M33-6....(+[..]%)PHAT ALL THE WAY BABY(+[..]%)
Applecor,iRshell v3.9,Daedalus(N64),DGEN(Sega),Nester-J(Nientendo),SNES(Super Nientendo),GPSP(Gameboy Advanced),Universal Remote,PSPTube,And UMD DAX Dumper Beta 0.2
#19
Clayton10 Suspended due non-functional email address
i got v3.71 and i got the error '8002014C' ive been reading from top to bottom but i dont know what ur talking about lol

PSP is my LIFE
#20
Originally posted by Clayton10:
i got v3.71 and i got the error '8002014C' ive been reading from top to bottom but i dont know what ur talking about lol
wel u need Custom Firmware..

LiL SHR4K~3.71 M33-2^3.71 M33-4^3.80 M33^-4^-5^3.90 M33-2^5.00 M33-6....(+[..]%)PHAT ALL THE WAY BABY(+[..]%)
Applecor,iRshell v3.9,Daedalus(N64),DGEN(Sega),Nester-J(Nientendo),SNES(Super Nientendo),GPSP(Gameboy Advanced),Universal Remote,PSPTube,And UMD DAX Dumper Beta 0.2
#21
i have a similar problem to coolmanX1. i put it in game150 and i get currupted data. i an running fw 3.80 M33-2. i tried running it on both kernels but no dice
#23
my gba emu won't work it just as that error thing i'm using 3.90 m33-3 is that custom firmware? and does that version support gba emu? and if so how can i get the gba emu to work?
#24
put any game/movie in the back of your psp than try again
#25
yeh same can u help me to my firmware is 5.00m33-6 im not that much of a newbie!!! plz plz help?
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.