AfterDawn Forums

WiiKey Firmware Update

This discussion thread has 21 messages.

Alright guys, hoping I can receive some help here.

I installed my Wiikey and it can play both Originals and Burned games with no problem. (Happy).

However, I cannot install the firmware update. I downloaded the 1.2, ran the batch, burned the iso using imgburn w/ ridata medium. I tuned on the wii, plopped the disc in, and it does not read.

Any comments or suggestions?
▼▼ This topic has 20 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
I'm am no pro but I burned my setup disk and it worked well.
I used DVD Decrypter at speed 4x
My friend succeeded on Nero same speed
1) Closed other programs while burning iso
2) Try changing DVD brands ( I used a Verbatim DVD+R8x)
3) Make sure you burn the right region iso
That's all I can think of until the pros come to this thread ^_^
it doesn't make sense cause all my burned games work, and not the setup disc
When making your bootable image is it creating an ISO that is 4.37?

If not you will need to try creating the Bootable ISO again.

It makes this size:

4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes)
S1N Suspended account
uhh i doan mean to be all nooby but wat is a wiikey?

btw i beat dragonballz budokai tenkaichi 2, AND zelda twilight princess (easy)

What do you get from installing this update?

Also, where do I find it? I've been at www.wiikey.cn, but I can't find no updates in there. I haven't gotten one update since I got my wiikey, so...

Thanks! :-)
anyone?
Go to the link below and download setup disc v1.2

This is the latest available as of now. They have noted that a newer version should be out at anytime but that has been the word for the past month and still no update.

If you want to know what the v1.2 has to offer then download the file and read the read me file it should have a change log in it.

http://www.wiikey.cn/resources.html
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 16 Jun 2007 @ 7:23

that's cool, thanks a lot man
I see there's also a 1.1... If I install the 1.2, do I get whatever 1.1 contains aswell? Or will I need to install 1.1 and then 1.2?
1.2 will include what 1.1 has as well.

And it covers what 1.0 offered as well?

Also, a bit noobish I know, but what should I do after I've burned it? I popped it into the wii and connected my GC controller and went to the disc channel, but I don't know what to do in there. There's all types of emulators and media players too? I just want the newest firmware :(
If you don't get the firmware update can you still play online?
can someone please tell me how to install whatever's possible from the disc? I assume I have no need at all for 1.0 and 1.1 discs..
Ok I think you are getting a bit confused. There is a Wiikey config disc. The config disc allows you to change various options on the wiikey such as region-lock and drive speed. The config disc has been updated recently to work better and have more options. The 1.2 config disc does not contain a firmware update for the Wii or the Wiikey, as of now there are no firmware updates available for the wiikey. The "1.2 disc" refers to the version number of the config disc itself. When a firmware update disc from the Wiikey team does become available I'm sure the word will be out on the forums very quickly.

I have heard allot of Wiikey owners say it doesn't flash new firmware to the Wiikey it only gives you access to the Wiikey settings to change.

How is it possible to use any new features or bug fixes to the Wiikey if it doesn't flash anything to the Wiikey itself?

I would think an updated setup disc would have to flash to the Modchip at least one time when originally inserting the updated setup disc to add possible bug fixes or new features that are available for the Wiikey.

If I am wrong explain how bug fixes or added features are added to the Wiikey itself with out flashing to the Wiikey.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 17 Jun 2007 @ 8:44

Originally posted by doc_z:
Ok I think you are getting a bit confused. There is a Wiikey config disc. The config disc allows you to change various options on the wiikey such as region-lock and drive speed. The config disc has been updated recently to work better and have more options. The 1.2 config disc does not contain a firmware update for the Wii or the Wiikey, as of now there are no firmware updates available for the wiikey. The "1.2 disc" refers to the version number of the config disc itself. When a firmware update disc from the Wiikey team does become available I'm sure the word will be out on the forums very quickly.
Ah, that explains a lot :) Thank you. Question for ya though, I tried taking off the region lock. Is the result of doing that EXACTLY the same as if I just region patched the game with Region Frii? (if so, I guess that means I won't have to use the patching program anymore, since the Wii would just do it for me?)

Thank you
are you talking about the startup wiikey disk, or firmware...i can tell you how 2 update your firmware...if you got internet on your wii

cyberinvader.com/gameboy
http://www.ozmodchipsfaq.com/wiki/index....figuration_disc I just got finished reading that after the new firmware 3.0 update your config 1.2 disc will read "dirty disc" This is Nintendos way of saying thanks for hacking there console. Apparentlly there is a fix for this, you must run the config disc through another application but it says it's only for pal consoles so I don't know about ntsc? I would suggest not upgrading to the 3.0 firmware if you have a wiikey unless you know how to run the confg disc through another app like they say. I hope this helps!! I don't even own a wii but I'm doing my research! Good Luck!
Here you can download the latest wiikey firmware, I made a mirror on my site since the official site has been offline for a while now...

Here is the link: http://www.maartennaaier.nl/nintendo/133...e-download.html
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 10 Mar 2008 @ 15:05

http://www.maartennaaier.nl/ - best weblog of all....
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.