1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing DVD's programs, audio, and editing programs

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by AquaFina, Jun 20, 2007.

1. AquaFina

AquaFina Member

I would like to take my DVD, and cut scenes from it and edit them with a editing program..

I am going to be using adobe premiere for the editing. What do I need to cut the dvd up and what formats should the dvd be converted to.

I would like to use about 3-5mins of video footage from a DVD, but keep the file size small, but have decent quality still.

2. AquaFina

AquaFina Member

Also, This video is to be uploaded to youtube if that helps with anything, I believe youtube requires 10mins, and 100mb cap.

3. AquaFina

AquaFina Member

There are so many programs out there, I would like to know what somebody uses for there entire compile, programs used.

4. AquaFina

AquaFina Member

5. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

Can't help you with all the steps, I've never uploaded to youtube, but

"What do I need to cut the dvd up and what formats should the dvd be converted to."

If I want to grab a short scene from a DVD I use VideoRedo Plus. Free trial:

http://www.videoredo.com/

It's a frame accurate mpeg editor. Load your VOB file then cut and save the scenes you want. Nothing will get re-encoded so there's no quality loss. Then use your editing software to do what you want to with the video.

Youtube accepts lots of file formats, within a file size limit. You'd probably want to re-encode to 320x240, and compress with Xvid or Divx to keep the filesize under the limit. I use Virtualdubmod to encode an .mpg or .VOB file with Xvid.