1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview and JTAK

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by car19, Jun 25, 2007.

1. car19

car19 Regular member

Hi fellow starview owners? I have a "Cloned" starview and have tried to flash it using JTAG and just hoping G4 The unit appears dead but is NOT (TV engineer) as I have checked power lines to the STB all correct Its been flkashed with the latest and "died" a couple of days later When I have connected the JTAK up I do get displays but after erasing and programming disconnect the D9 and goes out?-The problem I have is the ID number is incorrect and can not alter as it's greyed out and the start should be 7FE00000 but comes up as 1FE0000 again grey out; so my question is are ther any realy clever bodys out there who can help a very novice computor worker I know how TVs work but can not programme the complicated bit

2. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

What version of skymax are you using. Version 2.2 is quite good whereas Version 1.3 and 1.1 can be a bit tempremental.

Also check your connections/solder joints as this could also be a problem.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Found this on a few other forums so thought I'd share it here.

Build the JTAG as below.

JTAG is in the corner of the PCB and is a 20pin connector (no pins, just pads) laid out in a 2 x 10 array.

Pin1 is the square pin.

Connections are as follows:

PIN9 = TMS
    PIN11 = TCK
    PIN13 = TDI
    PIN15 = TDO
    PIN19 = TRST

Ground is all even number pins.

VCC is the end of capacitor C40 nearest the processor.

The box must be powered up to be flashed (don't worry about the lack of display or picture)

Flashing with JKEYS
    -------------------

Run JKEYS and Detect. Should come up as:

Device ID: 0x1D405041
    Device: STi5518MVB-X

Choose the IRD model as 4900

Flash would be 29LV160
    Start : 7FE00000
    Bytes 20000

Go into flash programmer.

Erase chip first by clicking on Erase in the top right

Flash chip with a working TSOP image (included) by clicking on the top-right Program button.

Flashing with s*yMax UP (Easier!)
    --------------------------------

If you are having problems flashing with JKEYS you can also use s*yUP. This is much easier to use.

Click on 2mb (0x7FE00000)
    Click Start
    Click Erase
    Click Write

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  5. car19

car19 Regular member

Hi there I am using the latest version of SKYMAX and yes I have tested the connections both ends that is the D( and the Starview end all connections are correct as I said before I do know how to solder but not how to programme its the ID which appears wrong and using SKYMAX when the unit comes up it says" parallel port not opened" which it is as I have tested it Its a simple question but not for me so please some one help and please read what is wrote so you can see I have done the obvious

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Car I happen to have numerous threads to respond to and do have trouble reading right through all of them. So remember I am giving you the best help I can.

Jtags are funny creatures and dont like laptops you really need to use a desktop pc with a parallel port. Settings for the parallel port in the bios should be changed from EPP to SPP .