1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extracting subtitles from DVD and nothing else (subrip doesn't work)

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by shokkie, Jul 6, 2007.

1. shokkie

shokkie Member

I've seen a lot of advice on how to extract subs from a DVD, but subtrip only works if you have already ripped the DVD on your PC.

My problem is that I have a DVD that is a bit damaged and can't be completely extracted (it always crashes at some point)
    It's possible to watch it normally on a regular DVD player for about 30 minutes or so, but it eventually crashes.

I have another DVD with the exact same film on it, but no subtitles. So I want to extract the subtitles from the broken DVD and mount it up later from what I have extracted of the working DVD. Is there a way I can do this? Basically just extract the subtitle stream and nothing else. Because if I try to extract the video and sound also it's going to crash...

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Depends if the DVD uses CSS or not. Try VSRip to rip to idx/sub directly from the disc. Maybe with AnyDVD running it would work for an encrypted disc. When ripping the disc, you could also disable the video and audio streams and see if your ripping app still crashes.

3. attar

attar Senior member