1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Movie to Vcd or Svcd?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Uugah, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Uugah

Uugah Member

I need some help finding the correct procedure to transfer the video from my camcorder and turning that into a DVD that will play in my DVD player.I have been trying to read some other forum entries but am getting more confused as I go.....????

My camcorder has software that will take the video and burn it onto a CD but it isn't recognized by my DVD player.

2. PFloyd

PFloyd Regular member

What kind of camcorder do you have?

3. Uugah

Uugah Member

Sony DCR-TRV280....but I have figured out how to get an avi file from the camera.....and then found out how to get it into MPEG but need to do some more work to get a better picture quality.....Thanks for the reply though.

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

That Sony does have a firewire (I-link) connection on it, and the quality should be good, if you use a good quality firewire cable to capture to your computer.

You need a program, outside of the junk program that comes with the Sony, though.

5. Uugah

Uugah Member

I am not sure about the firewire cable but the manual says something about an I-Link/ieee-1394 cable used only with the Sony Vaio Computer which allows for a direct burn onto a cd straight from the camera.However, I was able to accomplish the same basic function via the USB cable but with mediocre results at best.The frames were choppy and the cd tended to pause at certain areas.

I do admit that I am using crappy quality cd's but have used them b4 as guinea pigs for other projects with great results at a very slow burn rate.Anyways,this is just the beginning of another learning curve and I will earn as I learn......LOL.....Thanks again.

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I-Link/ieee-1394, also known as firewire. Get a software program that will let you capture as a true DV-AVI file. Roxio and N-ero are two such programs.