1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCDGear 3.56 Problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Proteus, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Proteus

Proteus Member

I'm following the steps here http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/vcdgearburnatonce.cfm for buring a VCD and I'm having problems. I have a few MPEGs I'd like to burn to CD. Under step 2, I "Chose conversion to MPEG and select the appropriate source file format" even though the file was already MPEG.

I tried opening the file into the load bar, and clicked start. It didn't seem like anything happened.
    On the next step, it says "Select the MPEG->CUE/BIN creation method". I don't see this option at all. I do see the CUE/BIN->MPEG option, but not the one listed in the steps. Can anyone help?

2. attar

attar Senior member

Open VCDGear
    Select 'VCD-Video' button (second choice)
    Choose 'MPEG-Cue/BIN CD Image' as the creation method.
    Click 'Add Track' to load the mpeg(s)
    Click 'Save' to select the output name/path.
    Click 'Start' to output the Bin and Cue files.

3. Proteus

Proteus Member

Okay, I realize now that my problems start before that.

In step 2, where it says "Click load and browse the source file", when I double-click, or right-click "select", nothing comes up on the load bar. How can I get it to show up?

4. attar

attar Senior member

In the beginning it assumes you want an ' mpeg > mpeg' conversion to correct errors(?)

The next step happens really fast.
    Click Load for the original mpeg source, select it and it immediately asks for an output destination (make it the desktop)then start.

When completed push the 'video-cd' button (warns that all is lost, etc) and choose 'mpeg > cue/bin' and 'add track' (the new mpeg)
    Choose a 'save' destination

5. Proteus

Proteus Member

Click Load for the original mpeg source, select it and it immediately asks for an output destination (make it the desktop)then start.

The problem is that isn't loading any file after I select it. After I double-click my selection, it disappears from my list of source files, but doesn't show up in the "load" bar.

6. attar

attar Senior member

I d/led 3.56 and found no problem.Cannot imagine why it would fail unless the input is bad.
    I load it into the first screen to create a new mpeg, then switch to the next screen and add the track, select output path and that's it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  7. Proteus

Proteus Member

I deleted the program and downloaded it again. I'm getting the same problem. Is there something under Options I could do?

8. attar

attar Senior member

I highlight the file I want to load and click 'open'.
    The 'save to' screen comes up and after that the file shows up next to load.
    If you double click the file you want, it immediately jumps to the save location.