AfterDawn Forums

psp error code 80020148

This discussion thread has 134 messages.

every application under my game section shows the psp icon then goes to error code 80020148
▼▼ This topic has 133 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Well we should start off with the basics what fw r u running?

PSP:3.40>BRICK ON UPGRADE TO 3.95>FLASHED 3.90M33-3>DONWGRADED 1.50>3.40OE-A>3.95GEN>3.90M33-3 W/1.50KERNAL

ps3 40gb> nfs pro street and carbon>skate>burn our paridise>GTA IV>25 movies downloaded onto the hdd>18 DEMOS>FW 2.35
fw 3.51
fw 3.51
mrmcman Suspended account
wow. theres ur problem.
u need custom firmware or 1.50 to run homebrew. and, theres NO way to downgrade a 3.51 psp, nor is it likely there will ever be a way. u r screwed.

(+[__]%) put this psp in ur siggy. just do it.
PSP Firmware: constantly changing, currently GoldenEye.
4BPTC Suspended due non-functional email address
IVE GOT FW 150 NOW HOW TO I CONTINUE
now you just put it in the game folder and boot it up nd your done

or update to cfw

PSP:3.40>BRICK ON UPGRADE TO 3.95>FLASHED 3.90M33-3>DONWGRADED 1.50>3.40OE-A>3.95GEN>3.90M33-3 W/1.50KERNAL

ps3 40gb> nfs pro street and carbon>skate>burn our paridise>GTA IV>25 movies downloaded onto the hdd>18 DEMOS>FW 2.35
samuellee Suspended due non-functional email address
Hi, how about FW 3.03 oec?
Iam also facing the error 80020148 on some of the game.

sam75
u put ur games in GAME150 instead of GAME.

I had placed it in the directory game150 under game.
But how do you play the game? I cant find it in the game section.
Iam playing game direct from the memory stick without any UMD.

sam75
ok for .iso or .cso u put it in directory mso:/iso folder then it should work
hi guys, ok here's a situation about f 3.52 3MM
i've updated it.. everything went fine for a day until i had this issue

now a days when i boot the iso from my memory chip it just freezes there
it doesn't go any where ... so i have to do a force psp reset

i've updated to 3.52 3MM 2 (update)

now same thing but when ever i run the game from memory chip the system totally ignores the iso and loads only the UMD...

just so you all know....
any feedback would aid me!!

ll
This is what I had done originally and I get the error 80020148 when I start the game.

sam75
@samuellee and therujan...

Turn off your psp (completely off, not in sleep mode). When you turn it back on hold the r trigger. This will bring you into recovery mode. go to configurations and make sure no-umd is disabled. exit from your recovery menu. Put a game or game demo into your umd tray and then try running your games.

Need Help With Your PSP? Ask Here
Need A Very Detailed Tutorial?Check Here
I tried that and placed the game in the ISO folder and when I tried to run the game from the memory stick, the PSP hanged.

sam75
duh u have an iso loader?

Originally posted by RickyMan:
duh u have an iso loader?

duh iso loader is built into custom firmware. try tweaking settings in advanced configuration. i enable all 3 of those whenever a game hangs and it always works.

hey staxx

i did as you told (which i never known about) the recovery mode
and just to let you know that everything is working fine

now i can load the iso's from the memory chip again without any problem

thanks alot your a trooper who saved the day again!!!

ll
I have to take out the UMD disc inorder to stope the hanging, but I still see the 80020321 error.

I have enabled all the 3 setting in the advanced configuration.

sam75
parroto Suspended due non-functional email address
Originally posted by mrmcman:
wow. theres ur problem.
u need custom firmware or 1.50 to run homebrew. and, theres NO way to downgrade a 3.51 psp, nor is it likely there will ever be a way. u r screwed.
thats a load of rubbish yh ok u cant down grade it but i no a way to fix it...shut dwn ur psp,reboot it n hold the r trigger this wil ltake u to the recorvery menu,go advanced>advanced>disable all 3 from umd discs,disable all then enable middle 1 for iso games,im working on a way to fix this problem to play iso and umd il get bak to you

<<-=:*jake*:=->>
@parroto,

If you don't know what you are talking about, it's best to not say anything.

#1: 2.81 -> 3.03 -> 3.11 DoH (no more :D)
#2: 1.00 -> 1.5 -> 3.03oe-c
#3: Ceramic white 1.5 -> 3.03oe-c -> 3.40oe
Whatever happens, happens...
Originally posted by parroto:
wow. theres ur problem.
thats a load of rubbish yh ok u cant down grade it but i no a way to fix it...shut dwn ur psp,reboot it n hold the r trigger this wil ltake u to the recorvery menu,go advanced>advanced>disable all 3 from umd discs,disable all then enable middle 1 for iso games,im working on a way to fix this problem to play iso and umd il get bak to you

wow thats a big load of "rubbish". uh, if u knew anything about psp's, ud know official sony firmwares DO NOT have recovery mode, nor do they have the ability to play ISO's at all. i suggest u do some more research and u wont look like a complete noobhead jack-in-the-box as often. U SIR ARE THE FIRST NOOBHEAD JACK-IN-THE-BOX!!!
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Aug 2007 @ 8:12

LOL good one!!

wow. theres ur problem.

wow thats a big load of "rubbish". uh, if u knew anything about psp's, ud know official sony firmwares DO NOT have recovery mode, nor do they have the ability to play ISO's at all. i suggest u do some more research and u wont look like a complete asshole jack-in-the-box as often.

ll
lol im patentin noobhead jack in the box
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Aug 2007 @ 8:13

parroto Suspended due non-functional email address
wow. theres ur problem.

wow thats a big load of "rubbish". uh, if u knew anything about psp's, ud know official sony firmwares DO NOT have recovery mode, nor do they have the ability to play ISO's at all. i suggest u do some more research and u wont look like a complete noobhead jack-in-the-box as often. U SIR ARE THE FIRST NOOBHEAD JACK-IN-THE-BOX!!!
im talkin bwt 3.51 nt a sony 1,n r u callin me a noobhead or mrmcman for sayin u cant play iso games on 3.51???

<<-=:*jake*:=->>
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.