1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wacks

wacks Member

top man scOuser. downloaded file 1st time. will try to flash when i get home. ta

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Youre welcome thanks for letting me know the file was corrupt. Best of luck.

3. BenN74

BenN74 Member

Ah rite, yeah, hadn't noticed that Scouse, thanks, sorted it now, should make sense now and possibly help warn a few people, if nothing else to stop anyone bricking their boxes by trying to update a clone.

Anyway.
    On a different topic.
    I spent 2hours last note sorting the channels into the order I wanted.
    If I do a scan (not a full power scan, the quick one for picking up missing channels on the same TP's) will it totally re-arrange all my channels again?
    Or just add the new one's at the end?
    It's just sometimes when I do that it picks up a few extra channels, no name, just showing one show then stopping totally, am I correct in thinking that this is picking up some Video On Demand content someone nearby has ordered causue that what it seems to be. Is there any way I can order? (v doubtfull I know)
    Also, the PPV boxing/wrestling etc, does that come on the channel I have named Live Events?
    Or do I need to re-scan for a channel that only broadcasts close to when something is being shown on PPV?
    Thanks in advance for you advice!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Hi Ben

We covered all this ground last night all you are doing is going around in circles you know your box is a clone as we discussed this last night so it is best to try and get in touch with your supplier and get it sorted all the other people are not going to tell you any different about your box that it is not a clone

5. BenN74

BenN74 Member

Eh, Yeah I know that??

I'm not disputing that, I was just discussing it with other people who seemed interested! Never asked once if it was a clone since you told me last note?? I know it is!
    Anyway I was asking a question about the channels, will I lose the order when I quick scan??
    Wow, OK I'll stop posting.
    Se yaa!!

6. Kellier

Kellier Member

Help needed...

I have a Eurovox Max 2008,and was working perfectly up to about a month ago.. then it started to act up on few stations

Now when i turn it it works fine for 15 mins then all the stations scramble and eventually I get a "No signal" followed by "Service Unknown" message. I have left the box on for hours but the signal does not come back

I have tried everything I have read here such as resetting factory codes, have down countless powerscans..

Do I need to flash the box?

I am N*L in Dublin 24, the cable box is fine...

Any suggestions appreciated

7. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ok first thing get a channel on it and press the info button on it twice and tell me what the signal and quality strength is could be an 8% prob let me know

8. Kellier

Kellier Member

Yeah both are showing 8%

The system info is as follows:

Model DVB.XC BoxV TDA
    S/W Ver 1.0 STC4 Sept06 2007
    H/W Ver 2.0t K5
    Bootstrap V001
    Website - - - -

I can get the 13 TP's but no channels

Still saying "Service Unknown"

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ok if your box is still under warranty get it back to the dealer if not the bin is the next place for it as there is no fix available for that problem sorry to be the bearer of bad news so get on to the dealer tell them that your box has the 8% problem and you want it exchanged as the manufacturers know about this problem already

10. Kellier

Kellier Member

thanks got it on flea bay so need to track him down...

Although I did bring it around to mates house still in D24 and it worked perfectly for over an hour there, but then crashed after an hour in my house when I brought it back around..

If I can't get it replaced would you recommend buying another Eurovox or getting a different box like like the starview?

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Keep away from the euro buy a starview or Kryptview and from a reliable dealer that box will eventually die after a while

12. Kellier

Kellier Member

thanks - think will go for the starview box - could you recommend any decent websites / suppliers?

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

send me a pm and i will sort you out ok to pm all you need to do is click on the little head on the right of my post and send me a message and i will reply to you ok

14. BenN74

BenN74 Member

Hi,
    Just to finish off my query about my box, my 'dealer' seemigly doesn't believe in clones?? and won't take it back because it works, he will cover the hardware for 12mths tho, which I suppose is something, this is exactly what he had to say;

Hi
    Sorry to say we do not believe in this clone concept and if box is working fine, which you already said so, we are not in a position to refund. We have been selling these and older model since 2006 and had no problem and we shall give you one year gurantee so any problem with the box later on (hardware) will be dealt with promptly.
    Best Regards

Hmmm, so I'm stuck with it, it's working fine now tho, so I'll keep my fingers crossed it doesn't need a F/W update anytime soon. lol.
    Just like to thank the folks n here for the advice and guidance you offered in letting me know it was a clone, at least I know not to try update it and fry the thing now!
    Thanks again.
    Regards!

15. Scooby900

Scooby900 Member

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone could shed some light on a niggling problem with my eurovox 2008. Lost Sly prem 1 + 2 a few weeks ago, power scanned and everything was fine. Unfortunately they've gone again. The channle is there, epg data and channle name, but no picture or sound, all other channles are fine. Dont realy want to power scan again cause it takes ages to order the channles, and auto scanning makes no difference.

I wondered if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

16. karljd

karljd Regular member

try and do a channel update (red button)and see does it come in at the end of your channel list it might just be a frequency change in your area or maybe you getting a bad signal if you have your signal split

17. Scooby900

Scooby900 Member

Yeah, tried channle update a few times, doesnt seem to make a difference, and the cable is straight in, no split. Its very strange, last time it did it I had to do three powerscans to get prem back. It seems to me that it might be Sly or Vgin messin with frequencies, but that wouldn't explain why i get all the right epg data and a signal strength on that channle of 75%. Just no picture, wierd...

18. karljd

karljd Regular member

have you tryed a manual scan?

19. Scooby900

Scooby900 Member

yup, nothin' doin'. just keeps puttin' back those damn shoppping channles i keep deletin' ;)

20. karljd

karljd Regular member

sorry lost meself with this one maybe its a problem with your cc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.