1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjusting subtitle height on SSA files

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by TheLionet, Jul 26, 2007.

1. TheLionet

TheLionet Member

Hello all,

I could not find this subject in the forum so if I've missed it please forgive me as I am new here.

I'd like to edit an SSA file to adjust the height of the top (karaoke) and bottom (dialogue) subtitles. Basically the subtitles are too close to the top and bottom. So far all my attempts to adjust them have failed. All I wanna do is bring them in a bit. Can anyone tell me how I can accomplish this? Is there a way to edit the SSA file itself?

To combine the SSA and AVI files, I use VirtualDubMod.

Cheers

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Open the SSA file in a text editor, such as Notepad, and change the MarginV values

The last 5 numbers on the line which starts "Style:" are

MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, AlphaLevel, Encoding

[Script Info]
    Title: <untitled>
    Original Script: <unknown>
    ScriptType: v4.00

[V4 Styles]
    Format: Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, TertiaryColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow, Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, AlphaLevel, Encoding
    Style: Default,Arial, 18, 16777215, 255, 65408, 0, 1, 0, 1, 2, 1, 2, 30, 30, 0, 0, 0

[Events]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  3. TheLionet

TheLionet Member

Ah, you're a legend mate! I'm watching the dub in progress right now and it looks spot on. Cheers for the help =)