1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird 'Spikes' ATI Radeon X1300 Need Help URGENTLY!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by SubZr0, Aug 8, 2007.

1. SubZr0

SubZr0 Member

I have this problem when i play every game,

i have tryed everything, anti anilaising helpd i have no idea what it is but the higher i put it the less it happens

this is what it looks like but USUALLY the buildings/roads stretch up into the sky or just go haywire like, its VERY annoting as i cant see anything

[​IMG]

it happend when i bought it and same thing happens on my other computer, iv switched it with this one and same thing happens.

IS there a Fix? i had seen sum other geezer has had the same problem posted on another site but no answers....

Please HELP!"!!!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can try updated drivers to see if that fixes the problem. could also be bad video ram or gpu.

3. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

How is your case airflow? If this is happening on every game you play (not just GTA) maybe your graphics card is getting too hot. Make sure you have a nice amount of intake and exhaust fans.

As ddp said I would update your video (and every) drivers and see where that gets you. You could also try updating the game as well and see if that helps. Best of luck.

Peace

4. SubZr0

SubZr0 Member

Non on them, everything is up to date, i reallyneed a soloution to this problem.

I dont know about the grafix card heating, because it happens as soon as i load a game, However,

When i play need for speed Carbon and set the resouloution high then no spikes, however with other games when i set the resoloutions same as Carbon the spikes still appear.

This is my Computer;
    [​IMG]

It says the Airflow is perfect and not to mess with it.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  5. SubZr0

SubZr0 Member

iv tryed cooling everything with fans but still nothing happens. i have bneen googoling all night with no results :(

6. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Who says the airflow is perfect, the Shuttle website? That seems like a pretty small case and I don't see an intake fan so airflow would be much better in a normal mid-tower case with an intake fan in front.

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Oh trust me, in shuttle cases, the airflow is FAR from perfect, it's just about acceptable.
    As for the problem at hand, I still think it's a driver issue, have you tried going with an earlier version of the drivers?

8. SubZr0

SubZr0 Member

Hmm i dont think i have updated... il Update and see... and google a bit more.

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Sure, keep us posted.

10. SubZr0

SubZr0 Member

I Disables Write Combining on Display Settings and on GTA i have not yet expirienced any Texturee spikes....i havent tested on any other games yet..

11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Ah yes, I remember someone having problems with write combining and a 6600GT.