1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ACDSee, Not pirating

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by Deadboy, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Deadboy

Deadboy Member

The short, I need to transfer ACDSee 4.0 to my new pc.

The long, I bought this program online several years ago. Since then I have changed from hotmail to gmail and I cant find my email with the license. I know Im treading a thin line here, but I need to know if it is possible to transfer this program to my new pc. I have Arctic Image viewer, Picture Window Pro, and DWGSee, all bought. But I cant help but think that when I used ACDSee thing were just simpler. It might not have all the advanced capabilities of these newer programs, but it just feels like home. If I get banned or blocked for asking, fine, I dont think im doing anything wrong. Its a program that I bought the rights to and I should be able to copy it, for personal use.

2. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  3. deadlove

deadlove Guest

The key should be here in the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ACD Systems\ACDSee\80\LicenseNumber

Just copy those details into the registry on your other comp. (maybe \ACDSee\40\LicenseNumber.. the machine I looked at was running 8.0.39)

If that doesn't work first curse windows for being full of closed source software, and then find a tool like Everest (again not free) which will allow you to recover all the serials and keys for every installed application in plain text format. http://www.lavalys.com/news.php?article=47&selcat=PN&lang=en

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2007
  4. ireland

ireland Active member

i am using 7.0 and 3.1b forget about using the registry

does not show in the reg under License Number as posted above.. for my versions
    my License Number for both versions shows in the program under help then select about ACDSee and your License Number should also show there..........

cheers

5. deadlove

deadlove Guest

All versions will vary.. dunno.. that's where it was on the one I looked at and adding the registry entry allowed a multiple install across 3 machines. Possibly a vagary of the 8.0.39 version.

6. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  7. deadlove

deadlove Guest

Wowzers.. Nice one Ireland.. I just checked that out and it's where you say it is in plain text.
    I found the same number string in one of those annoying numbered log files windows hides in \temp folder, so it stores in more places than we would assume on first look.

My sunburn is peeling.. flakes everywhere.. eeewwwwwwww!