1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

splinter cell restarts during softmod install

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by spiderduc, Aug 12, 2007.

1. spiderduc

spiderduc Member

i have searched the fourms, and web quite a bit for this problem, maybe im not typing in the right thing to get results, but my xbox will boot fine to the SID 5 installer from splinter cell platinum. when i back up the eeprom, does fine (i guess) but when i try anything else, i.e. ms backup, or installing the softmod, it goes black for about 3 seconds, flickers white, then the UBI soft screen comes back like i reset the game, thats all it does. I have the 5960 dashboard, and the SID tells me i have xbox 1.1 the leds all turn orange, but thats it, just keeps restarting everytime i try to install ms backup or the singleboot soft mod, what am i missing

2. corn

corn Guest

Try using a copy of Splinter Cell that isn't the Platinum Hits. I picked up a copy at EB Games for about $5.99. Unless, you were instructed to use the Platinum Hits. But, thats really the only thing I could thing of.

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Game version will make no difference!

Use the SID 4 installed supplied with my Softmod tutorial, then follow the instructions! It'll just be a bad SID!

;)

4. spiderduc

spiderduc Member

hi, thank you for your replies, but i tried the installer link you sent and also couldnt get it to work. As soon as i clicked on the splinter cell checkpoints, it went to a black screen, with orange ring around the power light and just stayed there. I tried downloading the same SID 4 from several sites, and always does the same thing at this point. i did manage to get SID 5 to load, but nothing after that. any other ideas?