1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i put VCD's and/or SVCD's onto DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by liam007, Jul 31, 2002.

1. liam007

liam007 Member

Hi guys,
    Right this is my first post here so lets see how it goes.

I was hoping some of you brainy guys could let me know how to put SVCD's and VCD's onto a DVD-R disc, this is because i would like to convert some of my VCD's as you can fit more films onto each disc. If you could let me know what programs are required to do this and a rough idea on how to do it, many thanks for reading, liam

2. flybynite

flybynite Guest

I wanna accomplish somewhat of the same. I want to burn svcd to dvd r. I dont know if its even possible. Can someone help. THx

3. kannabis

kannabis Member

I want to check this out also...I haven't looked into it at all as of this writing....but I imagine alot of video conversion is involved.

4. kram

kram Guest

Hi guys
    i,m having exactly the same problems my head is spinning can someone please please explain in plain simple english how to do this and save my head from bursting and my comps hard drive from filling up with useless programs

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

We have a detailed guide for VCD to DVD-R available on our article page:

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/

...as for SVCDs, it is very likely not going to work without re-encoding and losing quality, because SVCD resolution is not compatible with DVD-Video resolution (unlike VCD's). But doom9 has one tricky method what you can try, but it really works only with appx. 20% of DVD players.

6. kram

kram Guest

have read article vcd to dvd-r was good and it is certainly a help but (there has to be a but ) it leaves me short authoring (is that writing about dvd ha ha) can anyone explain the process in plain simple english to a thicko like me my brain is totally demuxed remuxed and now quite ill.