1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview in 2 rooms

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by age1979, Sep 3, 2007.

1. age1979

age1979 Member

Help needed despratly,

I got starview in my living room but want to watch it in my bedroom. I got a splitter and the cable but all i get is the virgin media logo and QVC and BBC parliment chanels when i put the cable into the TV in the bedroom. any advice please!!!

Thanks in advance

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You could try a wireless video sender, but you can only watch the same tv channel in both rooms.

Or use the scart from your starview to a video recorder, then connect the cable that runs to your bedroom into the back of you RF out connection on the video, change the channel on your video to one of the AV channels. The starview channel should come in on one of your Av channels, you then need to tune the TV in the other room to this channel. Again you can only watch the same tv channel in both rooms.

Thirdly you can get another Starview and damn the expense if you want to watch different channels in different rooms.

I have seen a thread about an rf modulator/adapter but that is another story I will have a look for it and post back the link here.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  3. age1979

age1979 Member

any other suggestions??? i am a complete idiot when it comes to things like this.

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry thats all for now.

5. age1979

age1979 Member

i have now purchased a wireless video sender but not getting any picture at all on my second tv.

please help

6. car19

car19 Regular member

Have you tuned in the second set or connected the reciever via scart lead?

7. age1979

age1979 Member

the transmitter is connected to the starview box via scart and so is my tv. the receiver is connected to the tv upstairs via scart. i press the AV button on the tv upstairs but its just a blank screen

8. car19

car19 Regular member

In that case check that the system is working Go about this way first of all take the second set downstairs in a room near the first set; power both sets up and see what you get; If you can see both transmitter and reciever and you still get no picture there may be a fault But if it works the range may well be affected by whatever the signal has to go through.
    As I said it should work in line of sight and will prove all is well or not?

9. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Make sure both the transmitter and receiver are set to the same channel. They normally have about 4 channels, with a little selector switch.

10. allreal82

allreal82 Member

hi i live in tallaght in dublin and for the last couple of nites round this time im losing most of my stations, when i check again in the morning it's fine, anybody know if n*l or screwin round here?

11. age1979

age1979 Member

Thanks for all your help so far people.

I have tried putting the 2 TV's next to each other but still nothing.
    Do you reckon its faulty. I got it brand new from maplins.

12. lov3ly

lov3ly Member

hi i hav a star view digital reciever but 90% of my channels hav gone down and are coming up bad or scrambled .. can any one help plz!

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Why have you hijacked 3 threads with the same issue? This wont help fix the problem.....

14. apkavana

apkavana Member

Hi All I got the Starview2 The Box yesterday with version 7 software and when I scanned channels i got about 10 extra channells listed starting with CDL**** etc does anyone know what they are ??

15. lov3ly

lov3ly Member

i hav not hijacked three threads i only asked for help in three places as not every1 will be readin the same page! if u can help i would be greatful if not thank you all the same!

" hi i hav a star view digital reciever but 90% of my channels hav gone down and are coming up bad or scrambled .. can any one help plz! "

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I think you need to look up what hijacking a thread is, you posted the same thing in the middle of 3 other threads which other people are asking for help, this only confuses the issue.

17. lov3ly

lov3ly Member

i hav not taken over anything ..hav i .. others can still post there problemz.. so leave it be.. do u go round lookin for a net arguement coz ur lookin n the wrong place! LOL grow up!

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

This thread is for helping people please end this now or I will have it closed. Multiposting makes it harder for people to help you, it also fills threads up and creates a problem for others also.

I have answered your key query on your original thread so please stick to that one.

19. age1979

age1979 Member

so any help with my original post with regards to the wireless video sender

20. LastCuban

LastCuban Member

Regarding the video sender - If you connect the scart cable from the starview box directly into the second tv what do you get?

Regarding using coax cable - You should be able to use this medhod also. Were you feeding the coax cable directly from the "tv out" socket to the second tv or had you got it looped through other equipment. Had you tuned the tv to the same channel as the starview was set under "user setup" see Modulator (it should be set to Pal-I and whatever ch suits you).