1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping, authoring and burning on Linux.

Discussion in 'Digital video discussion for Linux users' started by klemperal, Sep 7, 2007.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Well, I've been thinking about making the switch from XP to Linux for a while now. As it pertains to this forum and thread, I was wondering if anyone could please recommend some good Linux specific programs for ripping authoring and burning DVDs.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

thread teleported to relevant forum.

i've been using Linux for a few years now but DVD work is something i prefer to use Windows for. have a search thru some of the threads in this forum as some of the guys and girls have done some very good and informative threads on the subject..

3. deadlove

deadlove Guest

acid:rip and dvd:author are the easiest to get your head around.

Read all the dvd related stuff for your distro you can find, because it's too hot of a subject for those of us in the know to tell you how to break the copy protection.

4. neo842

neo842 Regular member

hey buddy I made the switch 3 months ago and I have to be honest I would never even think of switching back to windows. life is so much easier with linux. I choose Linux Mint 7 Gloria and its amazing if wanna make the swith and it comes with dvd burner you name it.

burn the disc pop it in make your you switch your bios to start up from the disc first and it will read the linux disc it will pop up and your can run linux from the disc if you like it you can install it. its a great system to use.

http://www.howtoforge.com/the-perfect-desktop-linux-mint-7-gloria