1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview -no itv sound

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by triggster, Sep 10, 2007.

1. triggster

triggster Member

Suffered with this for a while-had audio desk channel with sound but has now started showing london news.(instead of north west news) ??
    Wife threatening termination of starview box unless get it back.im in merseyside area T**T is the provider.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You need to do a manual scan at 370.750MHz, this will bring in three new channels at the end of you channel list. The one entitled TV811 will be the one you require.

3. triggster

triggster Member

thanks, gave me bbc hd and channel 4+1?? no tv811

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Check all other TV***, (*** indicates a number).

5. triggster

triggster Member

ok ill have a wade through and come back eitherway thanks

6. triggster

triggster Member

no luck only itv audiodesk and itv with no sound any other ideas wife closing in!!

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

LOL the ITV with no sound does that look like the correct one I know its hard to tell until there is news on it. See if this will bring the sound back, press audio on your remote when you are viewing this channel then select eng on onscreen menu and sound should come back.

8. triggster

triggster Member

yep this is the correct channel pressed ok on eng after pressing audio --nowt happening oh god she is in the room !! anything else?

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Short of a divorce :) Take a note of that channels frequency then delete it. Do a manual scan with this frequency and it should bring it back at the end of your channel list with the sound fixed.

10. skywatchr

skywatchr Guest

Haha... I haven't stopped laughing since I read this, I hope you're okay...

I have a similar problem. No sound on most of my music channels. Anyone know how to fix it?

Please let us know you're alright, lol.

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes its amazing what effect the women in our lives have :) You need to delete all the channels that are missing sound and they will appear at the bottom of your list with the sound fixed. If the sound doesnt appear to be back, while you are viewing one of these channels press audio on your remote and then select eng that should be it.

12. triggster

triggster Member

shes kicked me out of room to watch corrie on audio desk have taken the hammer off her though!!-will try again in 15 mins-i presume its the frequency off what i consider to be the proper itv channel

13. skywatchr

skywatchr Guest

Thank goodness you're okay. I had some pretty funny images in my head there, lol. I just figured mine out, I'm watching corrie too so I'll fix the rest when the ads are on. Good luck.

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes thats the one. What is this audio desk you are referring to?

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

What was your resolution we may have the technology to save this mans life:)

16. triggster

triggster Member

back of the net !! starview lives and so do i!! thanks a million. ill have a go at the music ones as well while im at it.just as a side issue i have never flashed(well not since they took the bus shelter down, only joking) , any updates as always worked since i bought it. i have API VER:2.57e-E BOOT VER:7.0 16 Aug 2006 is it worth doing owt to it or should i leave it alone.

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

LOL no problem. She has backed off now :) The latest version is V4 if you want to update I can tell you how but to be honest it will give you a slighty better EPG and the codes will update automatically for you. Do you want me to tell you how to do it. You will need a null modem cable to get started and I will have to check to see if it is a clone or a genuine box before we start.

18. triggster

triggster Member

thanks i think i will purchase a null cable as one did not come with box-i think its a genuine box it has 7x25 slots on the top and came from a 100% ebayer who has offered back up i.e software update in past.i will try and get the cable tomorrow and come back on this thread. sounds like it will be worth doing as i might get another box for upstairs.

19. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Ha ha ha ... too funny :)

20. triggster

triggster Member

glad everyones happy i'm alive come to think of it so am I -did not get cable today will have it tomorrow if you guys can check thread out tomorrow to advise procedure, cheers.