1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam error

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by ikillau, Sep 13, 2007.

1. ikillau

ikillau Guest

hi i've been play cs source for a while and after a recent update i get the error message

platform error: bad module ' bin/friendsUI.dll' not loading
    press OK

when i try to start up steam, after the message pops up steams closes... any ideas how to fix this problem??

2. fright01

fright01 Member

Hey, I also had this problem, so what I tried first was to force an update. To do this I took a backed up old steam.dll which i wont say why i had it. And overwrote the current. I will put it on meh googlepages to let anyone who will need it dl it..
    All you have to do is delete your current and rename this one to steam.dll (just minus the .b at the end)

Here.

You might have to have view file extensions on to change it.. to do that just go into a folder w/ windows explorer. then go to tools.. folder options... [view] tab... uncheck the box that says "Hide extensions for known file types."

3. ikillau

ikillau Guest

thanks it actually works now i'm not even gonna ask what you use that old steam thing for lol

4. fright01

fright01 Member

Well, I am glad that helped. I heard alot of people today telling others to reconnect to update, but I don't think this is an issue anymore. I guess I'll just leave it up incase. :D