AfterDawn Forums

BitLord extremely slow download speeds...

This discussion thread has 8 messages.

Hey afterdawn,

Ive been downloading this file that is 4GB in size in BitLord, it was downloading perfectly (50-100kbs) until it hit 89.9% and now it is downloading at like 0.005kbs. It's really frustrating as I'm so close to finishing the file and I don't wanna delete it because of this. I have ran spyware/adware checks and deleted most of my spyware (not many) and still no improvement.

I am using a Netgear DG834 modem/router (not wireless).

(BTW I have read that BitLord isn't the best torrent downloader there is and that I should use Azuerus or uTorrent, I just want to finish this one file and then ill uninstall BitLord lol)

Please guys, any help will be greatly appreciated. I will be happy with 10kbs download speed, I just want to finish this one file.

Thanks so much.
▼▼ This topic has 7 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Any help will be really appreciated guys.
A few things. Are you connected to any seeds or peers that have more of the file than you, you won't download otherwise? Has the file ever completed; the MPAA seeds phony files that will download to around 90% but never complete. Probably not an issue but have you done port forwarding: http://www.portforward.com/english/route...routerindex.htm And as an afterthought, use PeerGuardian when you download if you don't now.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 14 Sep 2007 @ 9:59
Well I think the reason for the slow download is because in bitlord 1.1 it says I have 0 seeds and underneath it says Download Rate: 0 KB/s From 0 Peers. Also I have been uploading a lot (I have uploaded almost 4GB, more than what I have downloaded)

Is there anyway I can remedy this?
If you're able, just limit your upload rate to some low amount but I would go back to where you downloaded that torrent and check any info to ensure it ever completed.
hey guyz,
i really dont know what to do with this bitlord,im downloading a game file and its very slow right from the begining,,,its like (5kb per second)i really dont know how to increase the speed......i dont know head nor tail what to do....please please help....somebody.....i would really appreciate it...

thanks....
kaledrr Suspended due non-functional email address
2mb connection, was getting 200kbs download on my bitlord for almost 1 year. i reinstaled xp and did all the clean.
now my speed is like 15kbs. do not know the problem. i checked the port firewall, and everything.

only torrents getting slow.

ps: when you are getting closet to 100% speed of that torrents get low, since note much people to seed
Originally posted by Ranma12:
Well I think the reason for the slow download is because in bitlord 1.1 it says I have 0 seeds and underneath it says Download Rate: 0 KB/s From 0 Peers. Also I have been uploading a lot (I have uploaded almost 4GB, more than what I have downloaded)

Is there anyway I can remedy this?
I think you will find that that torrent is a fake
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.