1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting stuff out of an avi with AC3 audio produces sharp loud squeal..

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Powa, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Powa

Powa Regular member

Hi,

I've been trying to edit a certain avi clip that has AC3 audio in it. I've been editing it in VirtualDubMod and VirtualDub, and when I cut something out and then view the result, it has a nasty sharp sounding screech come in right about where I made the cut.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

2. Powa

Powa Regular member

Any ideas anyone?

3. XSmurf

XSmurf Member

I just dealt with this same exact problem, it was absolutely infuriating. After a length of time I won't admit to (lol) I decided to try the "Enable Frame Mode" option in VirtualDubMod Preferences / AVI tab. Basically I had 2 halves of a movie in 2 separate AVI files and when I merged them with VirtualDub it made that horrid squeal (which was followed by very soft or even muted volume, unless I clicked anywhere on the track position and then it was fine). So, I turned that option on, merged my files (that didn't fix it) but then went back in and clipped out like 2 seconds containing the merge (with the option on) and poof the screech was gone. Hope that helps =)