1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn youtube videos to DVD using Nero

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by dreaver, Sep 18, 2007.

1. dreaver

dreaver Member

This article is about how to convert video from sites like YouTube, Google, DailyMotion, Myspace Video to DVD. If you have questions about it, please refer to the Troubleshot at the end of this article.

Tools we will need:
    www.vixy.net or videodownloader (add-on for Firefox)
    Nero

Guide
    Download video with www.vixy.net
    Firstly, go to YouTube and open the page of the video you want to put on your iPhone. And you will find the YouTube URL of this video to the right of the playback window. Then copy this URL. See the highlighted area in the figure below:
    [​IMG]
    Secondly, go to http://vixy.net/ paste the copied URL into the URL field of this web page, and select “AVI for Windows (DivX+MP3)” from the “Converts to” drop-down list. Then click “Start” below this list to start the conversion.

Burn with Nero
    Firstly, open NeroVision, to make a DVD, hit “Make DVD” -> “DVD-Video”

[​IMG]
    Then, create the DVD content, click “add video files” on the right, a dialog box will pop-up, then select the YouTube videos you’ve downloaded to your computer. You can merge some similar videos into one slideshow. Click the “Merge Titles” on the left bottom to merge the files. You can edit the slideshow by double click the video, There are some video transition effects you can use to make your videos lively. But this is a little complicated to design the slideshow, here is another guide about how to do this task easily.
    [​IMG]
    After you’ve made some titles, click “next” to choose the main menu and title menus. You can customize the DVD menu here.
    [​IMG]
    If you feel satisfied with the DVD menu, you can click “next” to preview it.
    [​IMG]
    If you still have something to change, click back and edit it until it is perfect. If not, click next to the burn menu and select the parameters for burning. Click “Burn to …” to select which DVD Burner you want to use.
    [​IMG]

Troubleshooting
    I can't download the video from vixy.net
    a) Try http://www.keepvid.com/
    b) Or Videodownloader ( Firefox add-ons), see this guide
    Then convert the flv files to avi/vob format with super.

What is the video specs if I encode the flv file with Super
    Video Resolution, 720x480 for NTSC or 720x576 for PAL
    Video Aspect to 4:3
    Frame/sec, 29.97 for NTSC or 25 for PAL

What should I do if Nero don’t work
    Try this DVD burner instead.

I want to check the DVD before I burn it to DVD
    You can select “Write to Hard Disk folder” to create a DVD folder on your hard disk and watch it with PowerDVD or something else.

P.s. the latest version of Nero Vision is V4.9.7.2

2. dreaver

dreaver Member

You can take this article as reference if you are using a later version of NeroVision.
    Please don't ask me why I'm still using the older version, I just get used to it.
    And hope this can help someone.

3. poraris

poraris Guest

Maybe this is a liitle off topic.
    I've newly bought a dvd burner(Pioneer DVR-X122S), but people told me that it is different from dvd+r and dvd-r, dvd+rw and what, something else, I don't know, this made me confused. How can I tell the difference and which one is OK to burn a DVD movie? Please be specific, because I'm not good at this.

Thank you in advance.

4. alkasa

alkasa Guest

*spam removed*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2007
  5. dreaver

dreaver Member

Stop spamming my guide! You will get banned, I'm sure.

6. dsgtrain

dsgtrain Regular member

Nice guide dreaver! Keep it up.

Dave!

7. EbolaZ

EbolaZ Member

Thanks! I'm hoping to do the same thing although I haven't been using the program you mentioned.

I've been downloading You Tube videos with iSkysoft iTube Studio. Are you familiar with this program?

I was wondering where the video files go in my hard drive. The videos play well within the program but I was hoping to go back to these downloaded files and burn them onto a DVD.

Under "Location" it says that the files are downloaded to "C:\ProgramData\iSkysoft iTube Studio\Download" and converted to "C:\ProgramData\iSkysoft iTube Studio\Convert" but I cannot find either one on my hard drive.

I can't even find "ProgramData" in my HD. Do you/anyone know where they are?

Thanks for the help.

8. tictoksol

tictoksol Member

spamming??

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

are you since the last post was almost 9 months ago to the day?