AfterDawn Forums

TVersity Sound Problem PS3

This discussion thread has 9 messages.

Hi, i have a PS3 and i am trying to watch my .avi files on the PS3 by using TVersity and streaming them of my PC. However, everytime i stream the files the PS3 plays them with good video quality but there is no sound (yes the sound works on my PS3 when i play games etc). I am just creating a media server via TVersity and playing files on PS3 that way. Is there any way i can sort this sound problem out. Any reply will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
▼▼ This topic has 8 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
maybe a codec???

hi, thanks for the reply, i have k-lite mega codec pack installed on my PC, ithink that should have all the codecs i would need however i am not sure if i may require any specific codec. hmmmmmmmm
Originally posted by storm45:
hi, thanks for the reply, i have k-lite mega codec pack installed on my PC, ithink that should have all the codecs i would need however i am not sure if i may require any specific codec. hmmmmmmmm
This might seem silly but did you verify that the .avi file in question plays audio on your PC? If not it might be a bad file and not your PS3.
Is ffdshow set to transcode the audio correctly?
Hi, the .avi files play perfectly on my PC with sound. FFDshow codec is configured correctly to play sound as it plays the sound on my PC.
Hi, i would just like to say that my PS3 streaming sound problem has been resolved. It turned out to be the codecs that i had on my PC. I had k-lite mega codec pack installed, i uninstalled it and then installed CCCP codec pack. I'm sure that it should have worked with k-lite codec pack but for me it didnt for some reason, anyhow i have it working now, thanks for all the help provided.

PS. am i allowed to paste a website url here? its the guide i used for setting up the codec pack and TVersity.
Yes you are allowed to post urls.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.