AfterDawn Forums

Can you play "pal" games on a flashed NTSC 360?

This discussion thread has 21 messages.

Batista44 Suspended due non-functional email address
Is this possible? Fifa 08 pal is out and I want to play that..but my flashed 360 is a NTSC..
▼▼ This topic has 20 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
batespcm Suspended due non-functional email address
depends on the game itself has to be region free

you can check that out here http://dvd-secrets.co.uk/xbox360/

however fifa 08 is not region free (no EA games are)

and if you are referring to the torrent on black cats its not in the english language either
theridges Suspended due non-functional email address
as i recall there are no if any EA Games region free.
and if there is then its only a few..

only one real way to do it. region change your unit if you still have a hackable kernel. all you'd need is a infectus and some means of obtaining your xbox 360's cpu key, and from there changing the region that your system is. i'm not entirely sure of exactly everything you need to do, but i know you can google it and find out exactly how to do it as that's how i know of it....though again you will need a hackable kernel to be able to do so. if not then you're pretty much screwed. if you have a hackable kernel, well once you do everything, you can change your systems region at will practically.
M0nk3y_13 Suspended due non-functional email address
I have a chiped xbox360 and i have a downloaded ntsc game and was just wondering before i burnt it to ask if my pal xbox360 would play it??? Thanks
theridges Suspended due non-functional email address
Originally posted by M0nk3y_13:
I have a chiped xbox360 and i have a downloaded ntsc game and was just wondering before i burnt it to ask if my pal xbox360 would play it??? Thanks

NO

Toon_Army Suspended due non-functional email address
does it not work the same way PS2 when chipped play PAL and NTSC.Its the drivers firmware that allows you to play PAL games on a PAL 360 and NTSC games on a NTSC 360 unless the the game is region free. ive wasted more money than sence on discs getting coasters DL pal games and they dont work.so i got a driver from here http://www.modchipfitters.com/ SAMSUNG SH-D162C with KREON FIRMWARE VO.81.They work 100% no problem .ppl say get one from ebay .but they are brand new from modchip plus you can return it if you counter any problems .just gives you peace of mind that it will work ok and its not second hand
you cannot play a game on pal if it is region locked on ntsc. some games are region free thus you can play them on all xbox 360's. if you wanna know if a game is region free then use xbox dvd mulleter and it will show you what regions a game is on or if it is region free. you can make the xbox region free on some hackable kernels but more than likely your xbox doesnt have the hackable kernel.

ive noticed withthe shd162c people flash them and sell them for ridiculous prices lol my advice buy one not flashed and connect it up and download kreons firmware trust me it take only 10 seconds to flash itif anybody needs help flashing then just give me a message

immy
hey all good info on here but not what i need to know as far as i can see i've just bought a 360 very cheap for the sole purpose of playing the new monster jam game with my young son who's a big fan of monster jam my 360 is a pal version and i've just found out monster jam is only being released in the US, this week i think, so i assume will be ntsc is there anything i can do to be able to play this game in the uk such as the madcats cable that used to be availble a few years back for the ps2 with an inline switch for changing between pal/ntsc or does anybody know if it will be a region free game its made by activision i think if that helps or is there any software i can flash to play ntsc never flashed a console before but could be prepared to try it thanks for anybody's help richard.
Originally posted by richy6976:
hey all good info on here but not what i need to know as far as i can see i've just bought a 360 very cheap for the sole purpose of playing the new monster jam game with my young son who's a big fan of monster jam my 360 is a pal version and i've just found out monster jam is only being released in the US, this week i think, so i assume will be ntsc is there anything i can do to be able to play this game in the uk such as the madcats cable that used to be availble a few years back for the ps2 with an inline switch for changing between pal/ntsc or does anybody know if it will be a region free game its made by activision i think if that helps or is there any software i can flash to play ntsc never flashed a console before but could be prepared to try it thanks for anybody's help richard.
Activision is releasing it so chances are 99% that it'll be region free. So it'll play in your console just as any other game. You won't need any special cables, adapters, etc.
ok thanks bhetrick i'll keep my ears and eyes open then for any more info as to when and who its deffo released by there's no mention on activision.com but it says 13th november on the official monster jam site for release so thanks a lot for your info rich.
Why are you all saying you can't play a PAL game on an NTSC 360? The REGION is the important thing. My US 360 works fine with PAL games so long as the US region box is checked when using XDVD Mulleter.

PAL games will not work when using the composite video output on an NTSC TV, but they work fine when using the VGA output on a computer monitor or when using the RGB output on a TV. If you burn a non-US region coded game and try to play it on a US 360, it will simply say it is not playable. If it is a region free PAL game or if it has US checked in the box, it will play on a US 360.
hi all have since found out that monster jm from activision isnt multi-region its region 1 so its no good to me ..... but i have since found out that activision have a release dat for europe of march 2008 so it is coming just have to be patient and wait that liccle bit longer cheers one and all, richard.
Originally posted by Allegro1:
Why are you all saying you can't play a PAL game on an NTSC 360? The REGION is the important thing.
And what do you think defines a game as being PAL or NTSC... the region it's locked to.

Quote:
My US 360 works fine with PAL games so long as the US region box is checked when using XDVD Mulleter.
Then it's not a PAL game... it's region free.

Quote:
PAL games will not work when using the composite video output on an NTSC TV, but they work fine when using the VGA output on a computer monitor or when using the RGB output on a TV.
Who ever told you that is lying. If a game is region locked, then it's region locked... period. I've used both the VGA and the component (RGB) and I'll tell you right now a PAL version of EA's Tiger Woods '07 would not work on my NTSC console. That's because EA locks their games to specific regions.

Quote:
If you burn a non-US region coded game and try to play it on a US 360, it will simply say it is not playable.
And there you just answered your question:
Quote:
Why are you all saying you can't play a PAL game on an NTSC 360?

Quote:
If it is a region free PAL game or if it has US checked in the box, it will play on a US 360.
Then it's not a PAL game... it's region free. Just because the title of the games you download say PAL or NTSC doesn't make the game region PAL or NTSC. That's just the area that the person/group who released that rip is from. And really those guys are confusing alot of people by titling region free games as PAL or NTSC.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 16 Nov 2007 @ 9:09
strange things these region coded discs i remember when ps2 first came out you couldn't play region 1 games here in the uk ....but if you went to your local games shop and bought a madcatz ps2 av cable it had an inline switch which allowed you to switch over to nstc/pal and play games from other regions as for the x360 i've no idea only owned 1 for 2 weeks and not even played on it yet only bought it for the monster jam game which isnt coming out for another 5 months over here
Originally posted by richy6976:
strange things these region coded discs i remember when ps2 first came out you couldn't play region 1 games here in the uk ....but if you went to your local games shop and bought a madcatz ps2 av cable it had an inline switch which allowed you to switch over to nstc/pal and play games from other regions as for the x360 i've no idea only owned 1 for 2 weeks and not even played on it yet only bought it for the monster jam game which isnt coming out for another 5 months over here
Ya, really those games weren't region locked (except JAP). They just output a different video signal. So you would need either a modded PS2 or a signal converter to be able to correctly play the game.

The difference with the 360 is that it'll automatically convert the signal.
i see thanks for that info yes the ps2 was modded i just cant resist tinkering with things i shouldnt think i'll do the 360 too when i can be bothered but for now i think i'm just gonna stuff it to the back of a cupboard for now and forget about it for 5 months or soo:))
my xbox 360 plays copied NTSC games but it reads only original PAL games what software do i need to play copied PAL & NTSC J version on my xbox 360
Why does everyone equate NTSC to region 1, and PAL to region 2. They are just video standards.... I can play NTSC dvds on my dvd player... as long as the player ignores the region or the dvd is region free.
You can get x360 games in ntsc that are region free that work fine in pal x360s... your tv normally converts from ntsc to pal or vice versa...
Stop concentrating on NTSC or PAL. Concentrate on the REGION..

Ta... I've got my coat....
cya
thnx, my xbox 360 is NTSC, I can't afford to buy original 360 games which cost around NCR (NEPALI CURRENCY) 5000, whereas copied can be buy on NCR 200, my actual problem is my console reads only ntsc games, can anybody suggest me what software or hardware do i need to play all region games, cause here we don't have much choice option, games are copied and smuggled by different region, u can't expect ur favourite games are copied & smuggled on all version.
playasia.com have a list of all region free games->

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox3...uide-49-en.html
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.