1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NIKON D40, D40x or D50

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by onliner, Sep 25, 2007.

1. onliner

onliner Member

hey all,

which camera would you all say is the best quality for money?
    as i am going to buy one of the three soon and would like to know all of your opinions.

im not keen on the d40 as it lacks a lot of specs that the d50 has, and is a lot more expensive

i like the d40x as it has the most mp, but that doesn't matter that much to me, but is A LOT more expensive than the other two

i like the d50 the most as it has a lot of features that the d40 doesn't have, and is cheap. are there any draw backs anyone knows of?

thanks in advance, could you all tell me your views on these three cameras?..ta

2. shpitz461

shpitz461 Member

i went with the D40, the D40x is too expensive and according to Ken Rockwell the D40 is great as a 1st DSLR. I suggest you read what he has to say, very informative and knowledgeable.

3. collinst

collinst Member

I went with the D50 myself I like the features it offers and gives great quality pictures. I like that you can use older lens with this camera and I can use the lens from my 35 slr on this camera also were I found that you can't use oldr lens on the D40 you hve to use the newer lens.
    I bought the D50 after much deliberation and would not trade it for the world.

just y 2 cents...:)

4. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

I have the d40x and really wish i would have got the d80. We chose the d40x over the d40 because the megapixel is higher, we blow up our pictures. It's a great camera either way you go.

5. fabiolan

fabiolan Guest

I've had my d80 for a year now and looked at the d40x when it first came out due to my curiousity, I was dissappointed in what it lacked, but then what do you expect for the price?

As I understand d40x is targeted for the beginner prosumer that wants a large boastful mp but not willing to pay extra for the truly important features.

6. Franco45

Franco45 Guest