AfterDawn Forums

How do u burn Xbox 360 iso w/o the dvd file?

This discussion thread has 49 messages.

I have no problem burning Xbox 360 games that come with 2 files (iso file and dvd file) and I also burn the dvd file with img burn...no problem. But when I burn the dvd file that doesn't come with the dvd file, the game will not load. Does anyone know how to rectify this problem? I noticed that when I burn the iso file (without the dvd file), the layer break is not 1913760, it is like 3XXXXXX. Would setting the layer break in img burn to 1913760 help? Any suggestion guys!
▼▼ This topic has 48 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
just make the dvd file in notepad
Hi mate I am asuming you mean the .dvd file that comes with the iso you download if you some how dont get the .dvd file then you can create you own.

1. downlaod xdvdmulleter http://files.filefront.com/XDVDMulleterB...;/fileinfo.html

2. Once downloaded and extracted load xdvdmulleter up highlight view iso and click next

3. load the iso from dvd drive or file (most likely file if you dl) once loaded click next

4. at the bottom of the window you will see a box of options like stealth, video, other and so on click on other then select make .dvd file

5. make sure you save the file the same as you iso file by default it will do this and there you go you have a .dvd file with the correct layer break

next time just look through the sticky's and you will find everything you are looking for trust me i'm a noob to or I was 2 weeks ago till I found this site :)
Manually set the layer break to 1913760 in ImgBurn you don't need the DVD file. You can directly burn the ISO if you like. Note, Xbox 1 games have a different layer break.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 25 Sep 2007 @ 20:44
instead of downloading mulleter for that, just open a notepad file and type

gamename.iso
Layerbreak= 1913760

Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz 1.4V//Maximus Formula (RF 0902)//2x2GB DDR2 800//8500GT (backup until 5870 comes out)//Corsair 650TX//Under water (30c Idle 50c Load)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/476770 -------> XDVD Mulleter Tut
Yes, see the last two answers as they are actually correct. The DVD file is basically a useless little file that everyone THINKS they need when in reality it does nothing more then tell your program what ISO (which you already know) to burn, and where the layer break is (which is the same on every game)

in case you do not already know how to manually set the layer break in IMGburn or DVD Decrypter

tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 26 Sep 2007 @ 5:03

Thx a bunch guys, I decided to use xdvdmulleter to create the .dvd file and everything came out rosey. Can't do it without all your help guys. cheers!
how do i shrink the iso game from 7.05gb to a single dvd 4.7gb on the xbox 360?
Originally posted by bosanci28:
how do i shrink the iso game from 7.05gb to a single dvd 4.7gb on the xbox 360?
you cant - at least if u want to burn a 360 game - i beleive the 360 will only read DVD+R DL ...

now if it was a PS2 game u can do so by deleting or downsampleing the videos and cutscenes ...

just cop Verbatim DVD+R DL discs - well worth the investment and the quality of the disc is the closest u can get to a authentic 360 Disc ...

if u dont have a dual layer burner then u might as well grab one - they are under $99 now so u'll be good ...
so if i get a dvd+r dl you think will be possible to burn the file?,,i have xbox 360,,,

2 files 1-dvd file 40 bytes and 1-iso 7.05gb ,
what you recommand program and speed?,, thanks in advance for any help
so if i get a dvd+r dl you think will be possible to burn the file?,,i have xbox 360,,,

without a doubt - thats the only way u can burn 360 games ... buy ur burner and go to the manufacturers website and check to see if there is a firmware update for it (should jus be a small file u can DL and double click)

buy a pack of Verbatim DVD+R DL discs - they are rather expensive but they are the closest thing u can get to an authentic 360 discs ...

when u get the discs and the burner and update the firmware (if available) follow these steps to burn ur .dvd and .iso file:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/573171/3468344

if uve done everything i just said u should have a sucessful burn ...
Originally posted by pilferd:

without a doubt - thats the only way u can burn 360 games ... buy ur burner and go to the manufacturers website and check to see if there is a firmware update for it (should jus be a small file u can DL and double click)

buy a pack of Verbatim DVD+R DL discs - they are rather expensive but they are the closest thing u can get to an authentic 360 discs ...

when u get the discs and the burner and update the firmware (if available) follow these steps to burn ur .dvd and .iso file:

the burner i have is: samsung sh-s182m w/the latest firmware,,
i found a program called"xdvdmulleter beta 10.1"" they say this program will rebuild the iso to a single dvd 4.7gb!,,did you tryed to see if it works?,,thanks

i found a program called"xdvdmulleter beta 10.1"" they say this program will rebuild the iso to a single dvd 4.7gb!,,did you tryed to see if it works?,,thanks
really? sounds interesting - never heard of it be interesting to find out if it does work ...

really? sounds interesting - never heard of it be interesting to find out if it does work ...

i did with that program,, i made to 1 dvd but i burned and put in the 360 ,,,and no go,,,next i have to try with double layer dvd to see if it works
so if i burn on a dvd+r dl what file to burn? .dvd or .iso? file,, i use dvd decrypter and i set the break layer at 1913760,, is that good what speed ?,, thanks
i try with the imageburn and when i choose the to open the .iso file the program is tell me """ that i should choose the .dvd file!""
and i was readind up that i dont have to choose the .dvd file!,,confuse what do i nned to burn so the game can work....
thanks
i try with the imageburn and when i choose the to open the .iso file the program is tell me """ that i should choose the .dvd file!""
and i was readind up that i dont have to choose the .dvd file!,,confuse what do i nned to burn so the game can work....
thanks
All u need to do is to select the .dvd file and imgburn will automatically know to associate this to the proper .iso file. Incase u don't have the .dvd file, just use xdvdmulleter to create the .dvd file ( see above). And use verbatim!!! good luck and cheers!
Originally posted by funnybone:
thanks
All u need to do is to select the .dvd file and imgburn will automatically know to associate this to the proper .iso file. Incase u don't have the .dvd file, just use xdvdmulleter to create the .dvd file ( see above). And use verbatim!!! good luck and cheers!

hei thanks for the reply,,and one last question for you :
well i have the xbox360 halo edition, and i did not change any firmware or flashed with any file,,because you know will void waranty (i have 3 year waranty for it) ,,so if everything is with original firmware ,,,,will it still work with the verbatim dvd+r dl? thanks for your help,,
thanks

thats strange - when i get that message it says it will load it for me this time but dont do it again ... but any other time i do it - it still loads for me ...

anyway - yeh follow Johnyboy's instructions and u'll be good ...

Originally posted by funnybone:
thanks

hei thanks for the reply,,and one last question for you :
well i have the xbox360 halo edition, and i did not change any firmware or flashed with any file,,because you know will void waranty (i have 3 year waranty for it) ,,so if everything is with original firmware ,,,,will it still work with the verbatim dvd+r dl? thanks for your help,,
if u havent flashed ur 360 u wont be able to play backup (burned) games ... ur gonna have to void that warranty or try the hairdryer trick on the warranty seal ...

i but my 360 off of some dude so i had no receipt or warranty so i cant verify how well the hairdryer trick works ...
So i just bought a modded xbox 360....

i have a macbook pro... will i be able to burn xbox 360 games off of it??? not sure if its dual layer

Jonny M
hi, i downloaded bioshock for 360 from newsgroups. when i opend the files it had a few that are "par2" i used a utility to reconstruct and fix the files. after wasrd i extractd with winrar. the files does not have the .dvd or any ss,bin or stealth... basically just the iso and that it. i tried to patch it with ss merger 1.7 and when i treid it first said that the 6.06 game i have is small for extreme rip or something. than i loaded the iso and then tried to find the "MD5" number but i could not find it after a few minutes. i then tried to use a ssbin i downloaded from a forum but i was read and thought to try my luck and see if the iso as is would play. i used latest version of clone cd and burned the game at 1x speed. the game was read on the xbox as a "mixed media"

1- can someone please explain what i did wrong like i am 2 years old please! lol
2- can someone please tell me how to fix my problem!! please :) i am so cose but i feel so far away :(

thank for you help you can give .
What your doing wrong is using the wrong programs. In order to check your games and patch them use DVDmulliter 10. You can find a tutorial on how to use that by doing a google search and the burn software you must us is IMGburn. do not use cdclone. Also do a search for a tutorial on how to use IMGburn.

So you

1 download game (that you already own)

2 use dvdmullter 10 to check and patch if needed. and also make dvd file if you need.

3 use IMGburn to burn the iso to a disc to play.

The most important thing to remember is very critical...

don't feed it after midnight....wait I drifted away..

Ok I rememeber DON"T USE ANY OTHER MEDIA EXCEPT VERBATIM or you did it wrong.serious
do you know where i can find ss bin flie ?=,

also where do i find the files needed to perform the stealth patches and which is best to use???

thanks for your help

ohh and i returnd gizmo to china town ;)
hello , i tried to load the iso file with xdvdmulliter 10.2 beta

when i load it the log says ss is correct but layer break error.

when i try to open iso or do anything else it then says in a pop up
" iso loading failed: not an xbox iso or offset incorrect .

is layer break an offset?? and how do i correct this ?
hello, is the U.S.A games PAL or NTSC ???
i am a newbie , any help will be greatly appreciated
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.