1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with .bin and .cue images

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by kozmikkaz, Sep 26, 2007.

1. kozmikkaz

kozmikkaz Member

Ok, I need lots of help

Ok I downloaded a ROM for my PCSxbox emulator titled Fantastic Fun 7 (aka FF7). It has three discs total for the whole game. In order to download the whole game I had to download 12 parts to each disc i.e. Disc 1 of 3 part 1... disc 1 of 3 part 2... each of them being a .rar file. I downloaded each of the files to a folder on my computer and it allowed me to download all of them without saving over any of them because they all had different file names. However when i decompressed the files using winRAR it was telling me that I had to save over a previous one, because it had already existed. So i only decompressed one, and it gave me the .bin and .cue files. I went into nero to create the rom, or the image (im not sure what that is) and I could only use one .bin file and one .cue file (the only one i could extract). I burned it, i popped it in the my xbox, and i tried to load it but it kept saying dont load this file when i tried to load the .cue file and it gave me some other error when i tried to load the .bin file. i have a softmodded xbox. HELP!!

thanks

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

The multiple files (.rar, .r00, .r01, etc) are nothing to worry about! Just click on one and it'll extract the WHOLE file from ALL the others!

You will be left with a .bin and .cue file!

These are image files. You will need to use Nero to "Burn an Image'.

Select the .cue file and it will start the burn process!

3. kozmikkaz

kozmikkaz Member

yes i have gotten that far, however, i have 12 parts to the first disc. I have already extracted one part, however, when i try to extract the second part, it makes me either save over my previous part, cancel my new extraction

Thank you for your help

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

No, you are not getting it!

I imagine I have a huge tent! For size and weight purposes it's easier for each of my 12 friends to carry a piece each.

When we get to the destination, I ask the first friend to give me his piece, the others follow and eventually I'll have all the parts for a complete tent!

Each person didn't carry a whole tent each, just a piece!

Rar files are the same. When you open one, it doesn't show you the piece, it shows the whole file! If you tell it to extract, it will automatically gather the all the other pieces from the other files!

You will be then left with your complete "tent"!

Are you following?

5. kozmikkaz

kozmikkaz Member

excellent!!! that was a perfect explanation.

Ok extracted the cue sheet, burned it as an image using nero. I am trying to load it onto my emulator, but it isnt reading the disc. what can i do? i am using PCSxbox, am i even using the right emulator?

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Sadly I don't know much about the emulators!

I'm not even sure you can run them from a disc, do they not have to be on the HDD?