AfterDawn Forums

Is my wii un-moddable?

This discussion thread has 5 messages.

My serial number is LU319832880
When I go to this website and enter my serial number, it says:

There is a 50% chance that your drive chip is a GC2-D2C

There is a 50% chance that the pins on your drive chip are not cut.

I was told two things, that the D2B with cut-leg one is harder to mod, but it is moddable. The D2C (the one I have) is completely unmoddable.

But another modder says he can do it. Instead of just trying to get someone to work on my system, and run the risk of it being messed up, do you guys know whats the correct information? Is my wii (D2C) moddable or unmoddable?
▼▼ This topic has 4 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
In about 2 weeks it will be moddable.
It's hard to tell without having to actually open the Wii up but check out this site i came across, maybe it'll help:

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=Wii_chipset_version
Hi

My Wii Serial Number is LU 3185xxxx. I can't seem to find any info on this serial number series on whether my wii is moddable / what chipset it is using.

Could anyone help ?

thx in advance :)
Its the D2C chip, you need the D2CKey modchip. Little more effort to install than the other models (WiiKey etc. But its doable.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.