AfterDawn Forums

toshiba satellite fingerprint scan bypass?

This discussion thread has 13 messages.

cpu type: toshiba satellite u200
model #: PLUA0C-PT300E

when i start up the cpu, it takes me directly to the fingerprint scanner. it gives me the option to either scan or enter the password to enter to bios. obviously, i have neither. haha.

any ideas on how i can bypass either level to reformat?

ps - the seller moved out of the country, so can't get a hold of him anymore.
▼▼ This topic has 12 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
If your trying to enter into the bios then just pull the CMOS battery out for 15 seconds or so or on the jumper setting switch it over to clear cmos settings.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 01 Oct 2007 @ 18:36
Hmm, not sure if that'd bypass the fingerprint scanner though, it's worth a try, but it would make a mockery of security! :D

Afterdawn Addict // Silent PC enthusiast // PC Build advisor // LANGamer Alias:Ratmanscoop
PC Specs page -- http://my.afterdawn.com/sammorris/blog_entry.cfm/11247
updated 10-Dec-13
Originally posted by rogeball:
If your trying to enter into the bios then just pull the CMOS battery out for 15 seconds or so or on the jumper setting switch it over to clear cmos settings.
it's not giving me the option to even enter the bios. nothing starts up until the fingerprint scan or bios pword is answered.

and i'm not sure what u mean by jumper setting?
There are two pins you can jump (join) together on a motherboard to reset the chip that stores the information needed to boot your PC up.

Afterdawn Addict // Silent PC enthusiast // PC Build advisor // LANGamer Alias:Ratmanscoop
updated 10-Dec-13
are there any other options that don't involve opening the laptop up?

just asking b/c i'm not the greatest with the actual hardware and i've never really tinkered with the laptop inners before.
I don't own a laptop with a fingerprint scanner, but I can't think of any other methods.

updated 10-Dec-13
Originally posted by sammorris:
I don't own a laptop with a fingerprint scanner, but I can't think of any other methods.
thanx for the help sammorris. just wondering if anyone else wants to weigh in with ideas?

if i were to open up the laptop, and take a pic of the inside. would u guys be able to tell me what pins would have to be connected?
use the hiron boot disc and make the recovery partition active
that ought to let you in
unfortunately we have only ever had one of these in for repair and it belonged to an arabic guy
needless to say we could not detach his finger lol

took my son all of two minutes to get round it, waiting for another one now so we can log what he did

i7 3770 12GB ram terrabyte sata drive 1 750Gb sata drive 285GTX graphics Sony dvdwriter same NZXT Nemesis case
Still playing Black Hawk Down why did I upgrade?
anyone know where i can download/get the hiron disc?
ref hiron boot disc

I found it on my counter nudge nudge
I think it's freeware but to be honest I cannot find it thru google
perhaps the admins could comment on whether it's legal or not

i7 3770 12GB ram terrabyte sata drive 1 750Gb sata drive 285GTX graphics Sony dvdwriter same NZXT Nemesis case
Still playing Black Hawk Down why did I upgrade?
well, dropped it off to a friend who's a certified toshiba tech.

let u know what she does to reset it.

"Im Idaho!!" - Ralph Wiggum
well, my friend removed the battery on the motherboard and was able to remove the fingerprint scan. but, couldn't get rid of the bios password.

continued here b/c it's now a different topic.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/571801

"Im Idaho!!" - Ralph Wiggum
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.