1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble installing my radeon ati x1300 graphics card

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by MrX1oo1, Oct 10, 2007.

1. MrX1oo1

MrX1oo1 Member

ok so ive been trying to get my card to work on my Dell dimension 4600 desktop for about a month now. I'm running windows XP my graphics card and slot are AGP. ive chat with dell and the graphics card manufacturer. neither can help me. ive tried installing the card with the power off, inserting the card then adding the additional power cable to the card. when i go to power on my pc nothing shows up on the monitor. no matter what i tried nothing would show up. dell confirmed with me that the card is compatible. it is a lower end card but it was the best card thats compatible with my pc. any and all help is greatly appreciated, I'd really like to get this thing installed. Oh yeah, the card isnt damaged because I already tried a replacement.

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Do you push it in all the way? AGP and PCI-e cards have to be pushed in all the way so that none of the gold is viewable from the top of the graphics card. Did you plug the power cord into it? Also, did you put the VGA cable on correctly?

3. MrX1oo1

MrX1oo1 Member

yeah i pushed it in all the way, I also pushed the power cord into the card. the vga cable can only go on one way right? i also tried plugging the vga cable into the included adapter and tried the other spot for it

4. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

hmm, try a different monitor if you have one laying around... Could be that the second card is DOA.

5. MrX1oo1

MrX1oo1 Member

6. NJman

NJman Member

DOA means Dead On Arrival or basically the cards beat. How old is your monitor. Experiment with another moniter. It is possible that the refresh-rate of the card is too much for the monitor to handle. is the light for the moniter just blinking with a blank screen? Also check the recommended wattage for the card and amps. make sure that your power supply is powerful enough to run the card.

7. MrX1oo1

MrX1oo1 Member

ok i thought DOA was some techno term nvm that. the card is good because dell sent it as a replacement for the first one they shipped, they too thought the first one was damaged. refresh rate sounds like it could be the problem, this monitor is four years old. but screen wise it is just black as if the power wasnt on (it is).