1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow transfers with flashfxp, please help...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by peterjam, Oct 12, 2007.

1. peterjam

peterjam Member

Hi
    I recently began using flashfxp because I need to download some files from a server. I use it at home, where I have a 2mbps internet connection, and for some reason I can't download any faster than 50kbps. I started using it here at work, and although I have a 512kbps internet connection, I get a constant download speed of 107kbps.
    At first I thought I was having problems problems with my ISP at home, so I tried an internet connection speed test and it gave me a 200 kbps result, which I knew couldn't be right, so I opened Azureus and I got speeds up to 190kbps, so I guess that my internet connection isn't giving me any problems. Also, when I download from a webpage, I get really fast speeds, it's just the flashfxp that isn't working right.
    If it's any help, I have a differnet ISP at work, and I only use flashfxp at home at night, so maybe the server is more crowded, but I don't think that's it. I also read somewhere that you can disable something called "passive mode", do you think that can help? I haven't tried it.
    As always, thanks a lot for your help.

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

Yes give that a try (disable or enable passive mode) and see if it helps. I found the same problem when I updated from version 3.2 to 3.4.