1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E65 New firmware Tomtom problem

Discussion in 'Nokia phones' started by fredluan, Oct 14, 2007.

1. fredluan

fredluan Member

I have had this E65 for a while, with the old firmware, I often experienced crash/reboot problem, so yesterday, I found the new firmware and so I flashed it. It is now 2.0633.62.01 22-08-07 RM-208. The crash/reboot problem seems to be fixed already.

However, I was trying to reinstall all the applications I had on the phone, Tomtom 6.02 could not be installed, the error message says: expired certification. I didn't have the problem with the lower version of the firmware, I have tried different ways to have this fixed, but no luck.

I suspect Nokia is not using S60 9.2 for E65 in the new firmware. Can you please let me know if you have a good solution for this issue.

2. nixz

nixz Regular member

I highly doubt Nokia will stop using Symbian OS 9.2.. they can't just change the whole OS.. Anyways try this - Change your date to a year ago and then try and install the TomTom application. Then once it has installed change the date back. This usually works for me when an application gives me that message.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007