1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by zawar000, Oct 21, 2007.

1. zawar000

zawar000 Guest

hi .
    i want a guidline on this problem plz.the problem is i want to load subtitle for my dvd as they r not presnt in my dvd dics menu.in window media calssic 6.4 when i click the option of load subtitle the following massage appear

To load subtitles you have change the video renderer type and reopend the file.
    DirectShow;VMR/VMR9 renderless or Haali,s
    RealMeadia;Special renderer for RealMeadia,or open it through DirectShow
    Quicktime;DX7 or DX9 renderer for QuickTime
    ShockWave; n/a

and when i click the option of search subtitle the web page cannot open
    is their any solution to this problem or is it possible to play subtitle with dvd as they r not present in disc through any software etc.and i cant able to prepare them by myself.
    waiting for reply
    thnx sohaib..

2. attar

attar Senior member

I'm guessing that you have a DVD (that does not have switchable subtitles) or a DVD folder with DVD files (that does not have switchable subtitles).

I am also assuming that you have a set of subtitles in .SRT format that you wish to play with the DVD.

Start MPC.
    Click 'View' 'Options' 'Playback' 'Output' and select either 'VMR7(Renderless)' or 'VMR9 (Renderless)'.
    Open the DVD or DVD file folder.
    Click 'File' 'Load Subtitle' and browse to the location where the subtitles are located and load them.
    =====================================================================
    That webpage listed in MPC doesn't work.

You can download .srt subtitles at:
    http://divxsubtitles.net/page_subtitleinformation.php?ID=61385

3. attar

attar Senior member

Please stay on this (original) thread - I am confused at the best of times.

If you cannot choose the option to browse to the subtitles (after changing the various settings in MPC) then another path is to convert the DVD to AVI and burn permanent subtitles - I believe that 'AutoGordianKnot' will do this.

Or rip the DVD to a folder and demux it, then mux it back together again with the subtitles that you downloaded.
    This creates a new DVD that you can burn to disk (with switchable subs).

Neither case allows you to keep the existing DVD menu.