1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My home may be in flames, say a prayer for us!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by svtstang, Oct 21, 2007.

1. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Yeah, so I live in Orange County, and there is a pretty massive brush fire roughly 5 miles from our house. We have to leave; the smell of fire is massive with the windows closed and an immense amount ash is landing all over the place.

I am not a religious person, but I am praying now.....ironic how people things take life for granted.......5 hours ago lie was great, now everything my girlfriend, parents and myself own are now at risk.

See ya later

2. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

svtstang,
    I hope all is well with you...Drop us a line sometime to let us know how're things going.

3. Phlax

Phlax Guest

Damn Stang, I'm really sorry to hear that!

How are things now? Fires under control?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2007
  4. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

As of now 8500+ acres have been burned down....arson is to blame. The problem is that fires in 7 separate counties have used up all the resources, there is absolutely no air support in our area as of now.....and with 35 mph constant wind, 70 mph gusts and 80+ degree weather, conditions...well suck. Mandatory vacates have begun (not in my community but pretty damn close) but thank god no homes or people have been lost. When I find a camera I will try to take some pictures.

All we can do is hope for the best and wish the scum bag(s) responsible for this are soon caught...then we can burn them in the fire they decided to start! :evil:

Thanks for the support Phlax and pryme_H :)

5. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

svtstang,
    You sure need some of the bountiful amount of rainfall we get here in Wa. I'm glad you weren't directly affected by the fire though...

6. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Good luck stang and hope everything turns out for the best.

7. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I saw those fires on the news this morning - nasty stuff.
    Good luck svtstang - I'll hope for the best for you all.

8. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

When I was young I was a religious person, so to say as I went to church and prayed for good things! That did not quite work out as I was promised and I now have my own beliefs on religion. Anyways best of luck to you and your family!

9. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I will say a prayer for you svtstang, and all of the others who are in harm's way.

10. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Thank you so much guys (and gal), it means a lot to me :)

As of now, 14,000+ acres of land have been scorched in the OC (I tried to get some pics but all places in the general vicinity of the flames are blocked off), remarkably no homes or lives lost! My area is no longer in any immediate danger, sadly the same cannot be said about people in the Foothill Ranch area (as well as the people in 6 other counties facing the same situation).

My heart goes out to all of you that have been affected by this disaster, as well as those of you who(m?) know people affected. Much respect and gratitude goes to all the firefighters who are putting themselves in danger for us and our property, so thanks and keep up the remarkable job.

Kind of sad something like this has to happen for me to really appreciate life and my belongings....just shows how much we (or at least me) take for granted :/

Thanks again :)

11. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

It's good the hear that you're no longer in harm's way, and that no lives have been lost. I'll continue to pray for those still close to the danger.

12. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Good to hear that you are out of harms way,for it is the grace of GOD that we enjoy life each day. As Job said it in the old testament "naked I came from the womb, naked I shall leave,the LORD giveth, the LORD taketh away, blessed be the name of the LORD". God bless you and your family and friends svtstang.

13. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Don't die svtstang! we need you in the PS2 boards! :p

But i've suffered lots of outages.

14. morguex

morguex Guest

Hey Svtstang
    I'm really glad to hear you guys are ok down there, hopefully and prayerfully everything stays that way.
    Good luck to you and your family and friends.

Peace friend