AfterDawn Forums

Is Winmx working. I cant get into it.

This discussion thread has 2 messages.

DanWilson Inactive
Hi, i'm wondering if someone can help me. For the last 4 days. Everytime I click
on the Winmx icon, my mouse will dissappear and I have to shut off the computer and turn to the computer back on. I cant get into Winmx. I thought maybe my Winmx was corrupted. I uninstalled Winmx, then reinstalled it. Same thing happened when I reinstalled it. Every time I click on The WinMx icon, my mouse would dissapear and I have to shut off the computer and turn the computer back on to get into the internet. But I cant get into Winmx. Now I clicked on the RealAudio icon. I was able to get into that. I also click on the Windows Media icon. I was able to get into that. What do you think is the problem. Thanks
▼▼ This topic has 1 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
That's a bummer, man. I wouldn't survive long without my WinMX. FYI they've updated a bit, so I'd recommend you just delete the installer you have now and go get the newer one. If that doesn't work then you might try doing a run-through of system maintenance (scandisk, defragment, antivirus), and then clean out your cookies (LavaSoft's "Ad-Aware"). If all that STILL won't make it work, then I guess your comp just has an ethical objection to WinMX, and you're SOL.
I think Bearshare is the only comprable alternative at that point, though it doesn't have integrated chat nor support multipoint d/ls (last time I checked anyway). All the others (Kazaa, Audiogalaxy, ect.) have more grievous faults; ads and rumored spyware.
Hope that helps.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.