1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dang it, that sucked!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Pop_Smith, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Well today went to work (a bit late, 20 minutes) and all seemed fine and dandy as usual.

However I took a lunch break, which I made sure to get back from on time, and about 10 minutes after I got back my boss walked up to me and said "Come see me in my office".

Well I did and he said "You have been late too many times" (Maybe 10 times in the past two months, with an average time of 5 minutes) I said "OK, I will improve and come on time the rest of the week. If I don't then we can go to the "next step".

Well he didn't like that idea and said "Actually no, clean off your desk and turn in your badge".

Basically I got fired, 1/2 way though my shift, because I had been late a few times. Oh well, time to find a new day job. :'-(

P.S. This doesn't have anything to do with my Real Estate job, its still safe. I am doing that on the side until I can get it going well enough to do it for a living.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

That does suck, but I'm one who is always 20 minutes early and can't understand why the others I work with can't make it on time...but I never saw it as a firing offense.

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I just fired a guy today for being late, his work ethics suck so I have no use for him. If and "IF" he was a decent worker then something would have been different. But eh...he sucked!

BTW, good luck :)

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I hate to break it to you Pop_Smith but 10 times late in the past couple of months is a bit excessive.
    Some companies would probably have fired you sooner.
    Though I do think they should have talked to you about it early.
    Employees I've had to fire for being late always knew it was coming - that whole procedure we followed.

Still sucks though but there may be a bright side - lesson learned and your next job may be even better.

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

...how are you in the real estate business at under 20 years old, again? :p

6. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Sounds like my dad :p He always is early for everything, I seem to be opposite of that.

@binkie7, sure I agree that my lateness was a bit excessive but more then just getting fired I found it odd when they did it.

EDIT: (Woops, I pushed "Submit" instead of Preview!)

You only have to be 18 and have a high school diploma, at least where I live, in order to become a real estate agent.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

hmm...*shrugs* just seems like no one would buy through someone that young.

8. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

True and thats what a couple of people in the office were saying. Being younger might make it harder to get clients but its legal.

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you'll be kicking ass before long :)