1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to join video with hjsplit -- please! i'm really desperate :/

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by luceey, Oct 25, 2007.

1. luceey

luceey Member

Please anyone could help me? I'm really desperate :/

I'm using hjsplit and I want to join parts of movie. There's a note:

"To join a set of files, please first open the .001 file using the 'Input file button'. If the other files are in the same directory they will be found automatically."

All files are in the same directory, they have the same name with extension .001, .002 etc.
    BUT WHEN I OPEN THE .001 FILE AND CLICK START, THE RESULT IS THE SAME .001 FILE... IT DOESN'T JOIN :(

Please please please anyone can help me?
    Thank you so much!

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

What the full extension - is it avi.001 or r01?
    With hjsplit you just open the 1 file click join and it will created a new file called something like moviename.avi. The ones it joined will still be left - just use the new joined file.

3. coruscate

coruscate Member

i'm having the same problem..the video name is SCP - Tegoshi Yuuya.avi.001,SCP - Tegoshi Yuuya.avi.002, and SCP - Tegoshi Yuuya.avi.003..

i've put it in the same folder on my desktop and i've "joined" the files..and the new file name is SCP - Tegoshi Yuuya,it doesnt have the avi extension... when i played it using media player classic star(bcos other player couldnt play it)only the SCP - Tegoshi Yuuya.avi.001 part got played...

and the size of the "join" file is the same as the .001 file...help me please..

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Whats the total file size of the new joined avi? Does the size look like all are joined?

Might also be a codec issue. If you don't have a pack installed check out ffdshow or K Lite

5. maxtech07

maxtech07 Member

Hello,
    I'm using hjsplit to join 001, 002 files and so on. When the process is done it says that it is complete but when I play the finished avi file in WMP I get the classic codec error. I do have a codec package in my computer which also comes with WMP Classic. When I play the avi file with WMP Classic, only 13 minutes load and it's a fuzzy view anyway. Any help is appreciated.