1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max V WS Beta Release 24/10/07

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Oct 26, 2007.

1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

A new "Beta" firmware has been released and attached below. I have not tested it yet but it is as claimed a long awaited fix for the widescreen issue and has a signal booster option. Please use at your own discretion and please post comments here.

1) WIDESCREEN

Go To MENU / Config / TV Setting

Options Available:

16:9 True Widescreen

4:3 Centre / Letterbox / Full

2) SIGNAL BOOSTER

If you live in a low signal area and have weak signal problems when scanning or picture breaks up when watching.

Go to Menu /Config / Settings / Last option

Default Settings Off

Switch On/ Save & Exit

NAME: KURO_BETA_WS_SB
    RELEASE DATE: 24/10/2007
    TYPE: BETA
    FEATRURES:
    1) Full Widescreen Support
    2) Signal Booster Option

IMPORTANT INSTALLION INSTRUCTIONS:
    If you are flashing Brand New box i.e. with no software currently loaded then flash as normal.

If you are upgrading your box i.e. it already has software on the box please follow this instructions.
    After flashing box as normal,
    Save Your Channel Data File by Using the Software to Upload Channel Data From Box To Your Desktop PC.
    Then Go To
    MENU
    CONFIG
    CLEAR DATA
    TYPE IN YOUR PIN
    CHOOSE 2ND OPTION (FACTORY DEFAULT)
    SELECT YOUR SYMBOL RATE
    RESCAN BOX or DOWNLOAD YOUR CHANNEL DATA FILE FOR DESKTOP PC

YOU MUST DO A FACTORY DEFAULT:
    FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE PROCEDURE WILL CAUSE THE SOFTWARE ON THE BOX TO CRASH
    & RESET EVERY TIME YOU SELECT THE TV SETTINS MENU.

BETA RELEASE ONLY

http://www.mediafire.com/?d19mbdmmtmx

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  2. chrism23

chrism23 Member

Scouser man, I followed the instructions to the letter and it still crashs when I go into the tv settings menu. Any ideas?

Cheers

3. chrism23

chrism23 Member

Its ok, I figured it out, you have to lead the software and do a clear data again, and then reload the CDF.

Another question for you tho, my cousin has a box on Ch****, and the time is an hour behind, even though the program data is ok, any ideas?

Cheers

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yep thats the way to load it :) Nice with the widescreen now and booster onboard if needed. How did it look for you?

Regards the time thing he just needs to set it to GMT +1, but I wouldnt bother now as the clocks go back tonight.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  5. karljd

karljd Regular member

Looks great sc0ucer picture seems clearer,and it gets rid of the problem with the previous firmware ,ie only picking up 5 tps,thanks for all the updates.

6. chrism23

chrism23 Member

Looks deadly, I was always missing a bit of E4, its nice to have I must say, I set it to GMT +1 and it was still wrong, but maybe the time thing will sort it out. The new 2008 software is deadly isnt it? Pity they didnt get it done for the 2007.

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Cheers Karl and Chris yes this box just gets better. Maybe the firmware guys have been listening to our crys for help as I received it from quiet a well known source in the community.

8. RedEyeZ

RedEyeZ Member

Excellent!
    thanks to you guys (once again) for saving the day..

My signal had been getting worse and worse.
    Just applied new flash, and all is working now, and picture quality is much better. Signal quality has jumped from 8% to 89%
    Oh yeah, and the EPG looks much better now!

just wondering, i had the october software installed previously (06_09_07). Is there a fault in the software, or is something else causing the problem? Should I be applying this flash to only boxes with the problem, or all my boxes? Quite a few family friends have this, and would rather help them out, before I get a call saying pictures scrambling etc..

Also being a beta, should i expect another more stable version of the sotware in the near future?

thanks again...

Peace,

RedEyeZ

9. SCJS78

SCJS78 Member

I'm a bit worried about installing it because of the beta title. Could this possibly break my box, or if there were to be issues would they be minor ones, because I'd be willing to give it a go if it was the latter.

Also, I have a red box, and does anyone know if there's any plans to get some firmware like this for that box?

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Its Beta but it seems quite stable it was brought out to sort out the problems in the last Kuro image and to introduce widescreen support. I would recommend it to anyone with a Max V.

Regards the red firmware I am not sure if you will see a firmware that will match this, although never say never :)

11. hoonta

hoonta Member

Hi do you do the signal booster part before or after the flash, thanks.

12. Escape2

Escape2 Member

Hi All,

Have been reading this thread and am having the exact same problem ...... after doing the full scan see no channels or transponders. Am on N*L in Dublin. What am I doing wrong??

Have checked the box and it has the latest version of the software on it (Oct 15th)

13. karljd

karljd Regular member

Have you pressed menu,installation,user installation,password,power scan,mode normal
    start 290mhz
    stop 500mhz
    symbol rate 6887
    then press ok on step 8 and wait for tps and channels exit to a premium channel ie sly prem,if you only 5tps you might have to do a manual scan for the rest let me now how you get on

14. Escape2

Escape2 Member

did a full scan 100 to 770, then a normal scan from 200 to 400 but still nothing. It does not seem to be picking up any TPs at all. not sure what else I can do. Also have seen the thread about the new beta update, do you think this is the problem

15. karljd

karljd Regular member

could be, do you no how to manually scan user installation,channel edit(green button)then add (red button) put in these frequencies 291,299,307,315,323,339,347,355,363,371,379,395,403.exit back to user installation press ok on all the freqs you entered then manual scan(blue button).

16. Escape2

Escape2 Member

ok did that and it seemed to work, picked up the channels and is now displaying a message ....... updating codes please wait

Is this normal? how long will this take

Just checked again and it's al sorted ...140 channels

Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  17. karljd

karljd Regular member

yeah should only take a few moments

18. Escape2

Escape2 Member

nice one. thanks again,

do you recommend the beta update or is it a bit early to be trusting it.

if I need to update the box i will need some help, am a complete muppet with this sort of thing.

19. karljd

karljd Regular member

no bother my pleasure have you a null modem cable rs323 as there is new firmware out, it seems to fix the problem off the box not picking up the 13 tps also it gives you a widescreen option and a built in signal booster

20. karljd

karljd Regular member

your way ahead of me escape2! yeah i would recommend it have it on since friday widescreen looks great and the picture seems sharper,the lads in here are great with all the help and support you need,you seem quick on the uptake so id say you'd get the hang of it fairly quick