1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi again reeso,

I just found searching around other forums, I can't even remember where I got it, my brain scrambled at the moment.
    But it might help.

When the software is installed and the is box connected
    with the channels installed you will have to turn on the auto update emulator.

go to system setup/parental control in receiver menu

press ( i or info button) + (2007)

key and emu buttons should now be visible
    switch key emu to on position
    go to scrambled channel and wait for update .

2. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi again Angie,

Yes dream girls (I met 2 tonight) me missus loves that film.
    Glad to see the replay box working for you OK.
    The epg won't work on that channel because it's Pay Per View and I'm not sure if that particular signal can be traced back, so I don't use it. If anyone has info onthis please feel free to give some feedback.

Here's a useful online to whats on TV with full details of movies ect.
    http://www.tvguide.co.uk/

Take care young Lady and nitenite.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  3. TheStig85

TheStig85 Member

hello brian, that problem with the 394 frequency dyou reckon a signal booster might do the job to get the signal strength up?? i had all them channels working fine yesterday upstairs and today they were gone....

4. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Are N*L doing any work in your area?

They have started to roll out a total cable upgrade nationwide & it is causing some temporary problem as they go.

Sometimes those signal boosters only amplify the problem & not improve the signal at all.

5. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Jayus Gman,
    You still up, I'm afraid to go to sleep, just in case the Darkside ( s##t there I go again) or the Others come for me in me sleep.
    They tried to get moggser the other night but he had a home made RAY-GUN (he made it out of a fish) and stopped them in their tracks.
    He's now building a force field.

I will have to let my 3 Dags sleep at the end of the bed FUR protection , me missus will probably kill me, That's if those of who we should not speak get to me first.

Hope the computer building is going well for you.
    Nitenite my good friend,
    Take care and beware of the darkside.

6. gman496

gman496 Regular member

I have just this minute finished my new build
    & have it tweaked just the way I want it.
    The reason it took so long was that I imported a very, very sophisticated
    device from a good friend of mine in the USA
    (Formally a NASA employee) The device is scientifically tailored to be able to detect
    those from the "Dark Side"
    & it has a range of about 5KM.

I have not fully tested it yet brian but
    it might allow me to sleep a bit easier 2nite.

ZZzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

7. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Brilliant

8. leespiro

leespiro Member

hi there guys and girls cant seem to get my channels unscrambled i have the replay lite box SW version is 7.44 HW version is 1770-1.0-CS100 can anybody help me out plz thanks

9. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Software 7.44 will need to be updated to 7.52
    To do this you will have to buy a null modem lead in maplins, part number L71BT don't buy anything that has not got this part number on it.

The rest of the software can be obtained from the link at the bottom of this post.

Go to the replay section.

In the firmware folder you will find the files used to update or fix your box.

Download the 752irl file to your desktop.

In the software folder you will find,

download the Stblink5.20, the file used to transfer the firmware from your PC to your box.

In Documentation folder you will find,

Download Flashing the replay lite PDF.This is a guide to show you how to update the box.

When you get the null modem lead, check back here and someone will guide you through the process.

http://eko.4shared.com/

10. adowie

adowie Member

Brian,
    Can you help me, I have been trying to load new soft ware on my box and now I have lost everything, nothing at all is coming up on the TV.
    I have software 742a, 744 and 752 and tried to flash them to the replay box following your instruction on this site, sometimes I can't get it to connect to my computer then when it does it only loads some of the blocks then freezes, the null modem cable I am using came with my friends eurovox, I am off to maplins this afternoon to get the L71BT cable and will see if it makes any difference, the box used to work fine its only 6 months old, could it now just be broken or do you have any ideas.

cheers
    Alan

11. reds05

reds05 Member

can any one help me? got a replay lite and plugged it in, and red light comes on but when using the remote, nothing happens, cant turn it on,stays on red, seems to be no life except power on red button. with my friends box when u plug it in you can usually see a green light flicker for a sec or two, but not with this one ,can anyone help me? or if it needs repair due to being faulty, any one know a man who fixes boxes?

12. reds05

reds05 Member

one more thing forgot to mention is i tried seeing if by connectin rs232 and trying upload firmware that might show some life, but when testing com 1, it wont do continuous blue light, it says connection area, anyone got any ideas?

13. reds05

reds05 Member

last posting it was ment to say connection error

14. gman496

gman496 Regular member

red05, have you tried to select a different COM port from within the software & see which one it will connect on?

15. reds05

reds05 Member

yes, i know com1 is ok as i have friends boxes working via that one fine, it may well be box is faulty,not sure of course, but if any one can suggest anything else? or know someone who might be able to fix all kinds of faults electrical? software? etc that would be brill.

16. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi red05 and adowie

ANY ONE WITH A FROZEN REPLAY LITE BOX.
    The Red light scenario.

The reason for this can be unplugging the null modem and unplugging BEFORE the box can fully upgrade.
    When the files are transferring the red/green light will flash slowly. Even after all the files are transferred by your PC WAIT until the red/green lights flash much more quickly than it did when you could visibly see the files transferring on your PC.
    Only then unplug everything and exit the stb link.

To flash a box.

From when you see the blocks start to transfer.
    It takes 4 mins for the box to be updated.
    But make sure you see the led flashing much more quickly than it did when the blocks were transferring.

ALL THE FILES REQUIRED AT
    http://eko.4shared.com/

A guide to flashing can be found in DOCUMENTATION as can a guide for a dead box.

Make sure the null modem lead has part number L71BT on the front of the cover.
    Do not accept anything that does not have this part number.
    A Null Modem Cable is required which can be purchased for €18 from Maplins Dublin city centre or if you can wait to have it delivered you can purchase online UK for a fraction of the cost plus postage. One example of where they can be purchased online is http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Nul...9/dp/B00006B8BJ

STB LINK FILE 5.20 FOUND UNDER SOFTWARE

Flash the box with 742a file. FOUND UNDER FIRMWARE
    Flash the box. Remember UNTICK maintain user data.
    Wait until all the blocks are transferred and WAIT a couple of more minutes for the led to flash much more rapidly than it did when you could visibly see when the blocks were transferring.
    Unplug everything and only connect the power lead.
    Wait for the led to flash red/green and then stay on green.

Then flash with 744 FOUND UNDER FIRMWARE
    Wait until all the blocks are transferred and WAIT a couple of more minutes for the led to flash much more rapidly than it did when you could visibly see when the blocks were transferring.
    Unplug everything and only connect the power lead.
    Wait for the led to flash red/green and then stay on green.

AND FLASH WITH 752 FOUND UNDER FIRMWARE OR CLONE WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS 752 ALREADY IN THEIR BOX.

Unplug everything and connect the power lead and TV and SCART leads.
    Your box should be now ready for a rescan.

DOWNLOAD THE REPLAY HANDBOOK IN DOCUMENTATION.

17. reds05

reds05 Member

hi brian, cant even upload software via a null modem cable,have tried but no response, even tried cloning box,but instead of flickering quickly at end, it just turns off to red light.All the ways ive tried get working, from start to finnish, there is no response from box or remote, you think box could be faulty?got my own box and have in past uploaded firmware so i know im doing it right, just cant get this other one to show life..any more help ? ive no idea..thanks

18. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi red05,

Good game last night, great goals.

The only thing that works with a box that just has the red light is to force the flash.

That is to connect the null modem lead, open the stblink.
    Don't do the set up com.
    UNTICK maintain user data
    Upgrade software and get the 742a file, this file is the one that will get the box going.
    When transfer is complete,WAIT for the light to flash really quickly. exit the stblink and unplug everything.
    Then only plug in the power lead, the box should come on and flash for a moment.
    If this doesn't happen, just unplug it again and plug it back in again, you might have to do this a few times, some box's just take more time than others.

Then flash with 744 then 752 when you are doing this, don't try the set up com, just UNTICK the maintain user data and when each flash is finish only plug in the power lead and wait for the flashing green light.

The key is the 742a file,get that on the box and you will be fine.
    You have to be patient though, I had a box like yours and it nearly drove me around the bend, well a bit further than I am already.
    But getting the 742a file was the only to get it going.
    I had to plug in a box 4 times after the first flash to get the green light working.

Remember only plug in the power lead after each flash and wait for the green light.

19. reds05

reds05 Member

hi brian, you're right match was great,
    its not the only thing you were right about, you are a genius when it comes to replay lites..got my mates box working a treat following your step by step guide. so a big thankyou for your fantastic info and help. could not have done it without this forum. thanks

20. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Delighted for you red05

Thanks for the complements, me head just got bigger, I will have to buy a few new caps now.

There's a great bunch of helpful people on this forum and I have learned a lot from them, to them I say thanks.

Enjoy the footie, I have to take missus 56 out tonight to a party, an 80th birthday, at least I won't be the oldest geezer in the room for a change.

Take care red05, come on the pool (don't forget my sorry lot, The poor Spurs )

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.