1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent Hill 3 GeForce Problem solved

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by MaxPowerz, Nov 20, 2003.

1. MaxPowerz

MaxPowerz Member

Here is how I got my Silent Hill 3 game to work with my GeForce 4 MX.

First, download 3d-analyze v2.26 I did a google search for it and found it. Install and run.

Second, In File selection, MUST Link all three dll path, exe and pre runexe with sh3.exe

Third, In Hardware Limits(cap bits), below three options must be checked: emulate pixel shader caps,emulate bump map caps.emulate max sim textures and In anti-detect mode, two options also must be checked:shaders and textures.
    Select run and begin playing.
    I use Detonator 45.23 version and working very well...

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Awesome :)

3. larafaye8

larafaye8 Member

yeah, it solved the problem, but the graphics kinda blur and crashes occasionally happen... anyway, great job & thanks.

4. direngrey

direngrey Guest

hm..is there any way to improve the graphics while playing silent hill with 3d analyze...
    it seems to be a bit blurry and not sharp..or izzit like that ??

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2003
  5. Praetor

Its not like that -- its just that your emulation technique makes it look like that. I.e., I see the game as nice and sharp

6. larafaye8

larafaye8 Member

So it's the emulation thing... does that mean I have (sadly) to switch to the FX series or other AGPs to get sharp & optimum graphics ??
    Are you using the 3d analyzer too ?

7. Praetor

Me? Heck no.. I'm runnin a GeForce4Ti4400 card -- well capable of handling Silent Hill 3 :)

8. larafaye8

larafaye8 Member

Is that so, then... I have one just one thing to say, "Good for you"... Anyway, do notify any of us should a betta solution is about...Thanx.

9. Praetor

Excuse me?

10. Ramesh75

Ramesh75 Member

how do i link the files anyway, izit like copying it and putting it in a same folder in sh3?

11. larafaye8

larafaye8 Member

you just link it by browsing for the sh3.exe and link it.
    Anyway, to Preator: hope ya don't takit the wrong way. Let me rephrase that : "how lucky of ya".

12. larafaye8

larafaye8 Member

I've mailed countless notes and meassages to Konami but to no avail. Seems like they are sleeping on the job as not even a vestige of a reply is received. hmmm...

13. Ramesh75

Ramesh75 Member

To Praetor

I just wanna ask, iz ur sh3 graphics blury or izit excellent?

The reason im asking this is that if urs is good that means the 3d analzye program only helps a bit and i wanna know how to improve the graphics quality if i use this 3d analyze program

and one more thing, i just returned my cd T_T
    now i hav to go get it back. so i wanna know if its worthwhile getting it back. To me yeah but im low on budget, but i just wanna know the story of silent hill 3, rumors say that this sequel tells the whole story of silent hill.

14. larafaye8

larafaye8 Member

Ramesh75:
    Praetor is running a GeForceTi card and no doubt that he has seperb graphics.

On the other hand, the analyzer thing works fine the only drawback is that the graphics are near to poor (perhaps becoz of the shadder thing not present in the GEForce MX series). As far as I know, there is nothing that we can do to solve the grainy garaphics problem. Hopes of a patch being release is... decreasing i suppose, each passing day.

Anyway,"does your game crash while playing using the analyzer?"

15. Praetor

Whoa.... you do realize it takes longer to type like that and people are less likely to understand (or try to understand) than typing it out properly right?

(1) Bingo, a software company cannot be expected to overcome the hardware limitations present.(2) No WAY IN HELL a company will release a patch that makes their game crappier so no patch like that any time soon

16. envious

envious Member

Hi everybody,
    My PC description:
    DirectX: 9.0
    VideoCard: winfast a170 Nvidia geforce 4 MX460 64DDR, i have installed newest Nvidia drivers.
    I tried to launch the game, but when it starts and shows a girl in red and black it stops, just freezes, when i press ctrl+alt+del it shows that games isn't responding.. i've launched it with 3danalizer... Help me please! what should i do ?

17. Merda

Merda Member

I downloaded the 3d-Analyze, but i just cannot found out how to link or even find those archives, can someone please explain how to do it step by step?

Thanks.

18. cosc

cosc Member

hi,
    i'm able to run the game with 3danalyse.
    i checked the specified options. but i have this problem; the game boot seems to be ok, i see the introduction. i'm able to browse the game menus. even to change screen resolution.
    but when i launch the "real" thing, i get a bluescreen ( that seems ask a .dll file) and my computer reboot all alone ;)

so my question is : how can i link those dlls in 3danalyse ??? the exe file don't seems to be ennough :/

thx

19. nielu

nielu Member

I`m using the newiest gfx drivers from nVidia with my GeForce 4 MX 440, tried some older but that does nothing. With 3dAnalyzer game shows the Konami logo and then freezes on the red black screen. Without 3d analyzer it doesnt even run. My specs are: AMD Athlon 2000+ XP, gfx as i told, 512 DDR, WinXP, DX 9.0b. Please, someone help me

20. Flusher

Flusher Member

Hello all, Im having huge problems with silent hill 3 as well, actually my problem is exactly the same as enviouses one: "I tried to launch the game, but when it starts and shows a girl in red and black it stops, just freezes, when i press ctrl+alt+del it shows that games isn't responding.." so it crashes right before the introduction demo..

My video card is Inno3d GeForce 4 Ti4200 64mb, and os is winXP with sp1. I also have all the newest drivers & newest DirectX.

Tried launching it with 3d-analyzer also, but I didn't get the point of linking files, so if someone could explain how this actually works it might help :)

Any help is greatly appreciated! :) Im a huge silent hill fan, so would be more than great to get this game work !