1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia BFG 5500 fx Card Problems

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by lowpro804, Nov 1, 2007.

1. lowpro804

lowpro804 Member

Im wondering if someone can help me i have this issue with the game deer hunter 2005 , my card is a N-vidia BFG 5500 FX 256Mb and it's PCI now the games defult vid settings are to choppy so i want to turn them back a bit but when i click on the VIDEO setting's button it exit's and says windows had a problem and colesd but i dont know why. So im just wanted to know if it might be a common problem and/or if someone would help me help me with this thanx a bunch !

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

1) uninstall your game, reinstall (if this does the trick then stop)
    2) right click on desktop> properties> hit the settings tab> then the advanced button> hit the trouble shoot tabe> make sure in this new tab that video acceleration is fully enabled. (if this was your problem then stop and reinstall the game)
    3) boot in safe mode> mycomputer right click properties> hardware tab> device manager> you will find your graphic card driver and uninstall it> reboot and the computer will probpmt you to install the driver for it> if not then control panel> printers and other hardware> add new hardware

during step 3 your computer screen will act "funky", it will be distorted and perhaps even the colors obscure, dont worry, after step 3 redo step 2

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2007
  3. lowpro804

lowpro804 Member

Yeah those tricks didn't work but i found a way around it by using my N-vidia controll panel but it still wont let me through the game , And also when i right click on my desktop and go to vid settings to S-video to my T.V. it only show's me 1 the monitor that im using and the N-vidia controll panel don't give me anything either like no option , and it does have the port on the card too , I just dont understand that but thanx for the help anyway !