AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

Panasonic DMP-BD30 will support Final Profile 1.1

news article released on:

Now that it is mandatory for Blu-ray players to have the necessary hardware to support Final Standard Profile (1.1), Panasonic has become the first manufacturer to officially announce a player with support for 1.1. The DMP-BD30 will support picture-in-picture, audio mixing and have an SD memory card slot which will allow for playback of HD content in the AVCHD format. The slot will also ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 5 messages.

I am confused, doesn't HD DVD already have PIP support? Isn't that what the HUD thing in the Transformers HD DVD is?

EDIT: Isn't the PIP thats supposedly going to give Blu-Ray an "edge" in the pictures of Transformers HD DVD listed here:
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-HD-DV...asin=B00005JPNM

If thats true, and HD DVD already has this PIP feature, why would this give Blu-Ray an edge over HD DVD?

Peace
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 01 Nov 2007 @ 23:58
▼▼ This topic has 4 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
It is just marketing crapola, if you can't deceive and lie you can't be a marketer. Which isn’t really true but does seem to be the case? It is nice to see more unit’s coming out with PIP though.
hughjars Suspended account
It has no ethernet connectivity.

So what they're really trying to make a huge song and dance over is no more than a slightly updated interactive CD.

That's it. Whoopeeey, huh!?

.....and if the 'profile 1.0' discs and players won't play properly with 'profile 1.1' discs and players (as Denon said a little while ago) you can bet you won't be seeing too many risking 'profile 1.1' disc releases.
vinny13 Suspended due non-functional email address
Originally posted by hughjars:
It has no ethernet connectivity.

So what they're really trying to make a huge song and dance over is no more than a slightly updated interactive CD.

That's it. Whoopeeey, huh!?

.....and if the 'profile 1.0' discs and players won't play properly with 'profile 1.1' discs and players (as Denon said a little while ago) you can bet you won't be seeing too many risking 'profile 1.1' disc releases.
Uh oh! What am I supposed to do now!? My DVD player doesn't have internet :S

Is it really necessary? I see it as just one more wire to get tangled, and another hole to drill through the floor...
For some reason i think this feature is not that new. I am sure i have seen this before.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.