AfterDawn Forums

PSP Analog Stick Problems

This discussion thread has 14 messages.

JahDrop Suspended due non-functional email address
[This is the FAT PSP, not the SLIM PSP]
I have been having problems with my analog stick, when I play a game, it shows that it gets stuck in a position and stays in that position. For example if i use the analog stick to the right, it stays like that until i point it up, and the same goes for the left. The up and down analog positions don't give me problems.(For analog positions not the Dpad).... I need help to know what to do to fix this problem. -JahDrop
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Nov 2007 @ 17:41

PSP(+[phat]%): 2.60 OFW-> PB-> 1.50-> 3.03 OE-C-> 3.40 OE-A
PSP(+[slim]%): 3.72 OFW-> PB-> 3.71 M33-2-> 3.80 M33-> 3.90 M33-> PB-> 3.71 M33-2-> 3.71 M33-4-> 3.80 M33-> 3.80 M33-5
▼▼ This topic has 13 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
open the psp and see if there is somethin is stuck in there. U can also pop the analog stick out and check.

JahDrop Suspended due non-functional email address
Originally posted by mrgooey:
open the psp and see if there is somethin is stuck in there. U can also pop the analog stick out and check.
i haven't tried to open it yet but i think it wont let me pop the analog stick out.

PSP(+[phat]%): 2.60 OFW-> PB-> 1.50-> 3.03 OE-C-> 3.40 OE-A
PSP(+[slim]%): 3.72 OFW-> PB-> 3.71 M33-2-> 3.80 M33-> 3.90 M33-> PB-> 3.71 M33-2-> 3.71 M33-4-> 3.80 M33-> 3.80 M33-5
buy a new one on web..!! very cheap and esy to install
i have a huge problem with the psp analogue stick.. i've searched everywhere but i just can't find the fix...

the analogue stick keeps moving down, obviously, however when i attempt to remove the rubber between the analogue stick and the motherboard, it still keeps moving. i tried removing the LCD brace, still moving. no matter what i do the stick just keeps moving!

any ideas?

PSP, Custom: Crystal Faceplate and UMD Door, Black Backplate
MotherBoard = TA-086 MB(25/12/2005)3.80 M33-5

cb0635 Suspended due non-functional email address
is it moving down on screen or moving down physically? if its moving down on the screen you might be able to fix. what fw r u on?

250gb ps3 non modded and 60gb launch model 3.55cfw
guys if you can fix this problem, you're miracle workers ^_^

the firmware im on is 3.71 M33-2 (with 1.50 kernal add-on 2, if nessesary)

the basic problem with it is, the cursor on the internet browser and name entries(for example) continues to move, even when i've removed the analogue stick, the rubber and even the LCD Brace! XD i've tried the whole "take the rubber piece between the motherboard and the analogue stick and put it back in", but it failed =[.

@07anto07, the analogue sticks are fine, i've tested them on another psp and they worked perfectly. And tried putting ANY faceplate on there... still no luck =[

*the cursor moves down XD

cb0635, if you know how to fix this.. im eternally grateful ^_^

ok what i found was that go into system settings and go into option with mac adress/firmware and just keep moving your analog stick in a circle. however as you are on custom firmware if the previos method doesnt work try this plugin http://dl.qj.net/JoySens-v1.3-PSP-Homebr...14916/catid/151
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 14 Nov 2007 @ 23:35

i will test that out tomorrow ^_^ (don't have the PSP with me atm) hope it works ^_^

i got the plugin.. it doesn't seem to work though... probably because i've fixed it up completely wrong XD i read the readme file attached, and the FAQ and my problem was listed in there... but i can't seem to get the "info" loaded in the xmb.... which can prove to be a slight pain... anyone got a handy instruction for a n00b to plugins? ^_^

are you sure you used the joysens371.prx file and are you sure you added
ms0:/seplugins/joysens371.prx to the vsh.txt file in the seplugins folder?

@MonoSoft
Watch the back to back posting - edit your previous post instead.

Forum Rules
Do this before posting
Do not click this link...
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.