1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba A3 and infocus X1 no picture with component

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by indyjase, Nov 6, 2007.

1. indyjase

indyjase Member

Hi there,
    as the title suggests just got a tosh A3 but plugged it into my receiver via component and no pic whatsoever. Worked with composite but that really defeats the object here though doesn't it. now the infocus is connect to my onkyo receiver via component to vga as that is the only hd input never had trouble running any other hd sources before i.e samsung HDtuner and upconvert dvd player. Now the vga input will only accept a progressive signal i.e 480p to 1080i. on the toshiba is there a way to lock the signal to 1080i permanently rather than letting the tosh choose what it wants. I dont even get the menu screen or start up either? when connected via component....any thoughts or do I just have to wait for a different HDDVD player?

2. indyjase

indyjase Member

The same thing happened when I first plugged in my PS2 via component no pic as it has to be a progressive signal....totally stumped as I unplugged my samsung 810 upconvert dvd player to plug in the A3 and nothing but a blank screen? I want to get into HD DVD as it would be great to improve pic quaility on st dvd as much as anything. Any help out there would be a godsend as I am tearing my hair out right now!!!!!!!

3. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

Try connecting the A3 directly to the InFocus - bypass the Onkyo.

4. indyjase

indyjase Member

just tried that, same thing, blank screen on the X1.I might be going crazy here but there seems not to be a way to just set the output from the A3 to component, everything seems auto. I dont have any display devices which input HDMI so I cant check there, but there is pic with the composite cable. no probs with sound either and the disk seems to be playing fine....Has anyone else had a problem displaying pic from the component output from the A3?....Any ideas at this point would be helpful before I take it back later this week....Thanks guys

5. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

I don't know about the A3 but on my A1 there's an output button on the remote that switched between conponent and HDMI. IIRC on my XA2 there's a hidden switch on the front that has a similar function.

6. indyjase

indyjase Member

Now here is the really odd thing...I unplugged everything, all connections to receiver, HD tuner ect and took the A3 apart took the drive out, yelled at it, apologised and asked it to work for me really nicely....and um...yay I have a working HD-DVD player...I dont understand what actually made it work this time but well I am not complaining...thanks for everyones help in getting this fixed although I still would like to know as to what made it work......