1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r4ds where did you get yours and how much?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by weedude99, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weedude99

weedude99 Regular member

Im going to buy one but im not sure where the cheapest place to get them is, so i need some feedback. I keep seeing them for £30 with a 1gb memory card.

Anyone know of a better place?

are all r4ds carts compatible on the fat ds, on amazon one says "for the ds lite" and another says "for the ds original/lite"?

2. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

all r4ds are compatible with both ds and ds lites. i personally tried it out with mine (old one) and my cousins (onyx lite). they both work fine.

i bought mine at dealextreme.com its free shipping and im guessing around 35 USD. but thats only for the flashcart and not with the 1gb. theres a bundle with a 1 gb micro-sd but im not sure how much it is. the one you say that is £30 sounds good to me. is there shipping in that?

visit dealextreme.com and look around. there are great stuff there too. free shippings always the best. but sometimes their shipping takes while.

edit: ok scratch that. there was this other thread and apparently they are all sold out. i hope for now at least..

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  3. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

I got mine at ConsoleSource.com. I paid more but I got the 1 GB micro card bundle and I just liked the feel of the site better.

Your mileage may vary.

4. woof811

woof811 Regular member

normally use dealextreme but they arent selling any at the moment , ive also bought from here - http://www.addictsupplies.com/index.php

they are a uk website dont know if they post worldwide , bought about 5 from them without any probs at all .

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  5. weedude99

weedude99 Regular member

cool thanks, doesnt matter if there in the uk cos so am i :D

thanks

6. woof811

woof811 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  7. johnooo

johnooo Regular member

I just ordered one off gobidon.com for £20 with no Micro SD card. I am looking for a Sd card anyone know witch one are compatible and cheapest am looking for a 1GB.

8. CCultist

CCultist Member

I got my R4 through amazon.com for $36 and a 2 GB card for $16. I signed up for the amazon visa and got $30 back. After shipping I ended up paying around $40 for all of it.

9. am92

am92 Guest

which is better the R4 or M3 REAl?????????
    thanks

10. juno_567

juno_567 Regular member

probably the m3 real since it has gba and video support

11. Paul06TC

Paul06TC Member

ordered my r4ds and 2gb microsd seperately from 2 different sites. I got the r4ds from nxpgamer (superfast shipping time). ordered it last night (christmas) and it was shipped today. this cost me about $47 including the discount for the a2007 code and then with shipping included in that price. I got the 2gb kingston microsd card from newegg. That cost me about $22 with shipping. Everything has been shipped out today so I should expect it to be here Friday (HOPES). Total cost for this including shipping $68 (not to bad with everything being shipped from the US, and not from China)

12. drakex

drakex Regular member

I got mine from sky2k.com and it costed me $40 back then in january, now according to news...

R4DS HAS BEEN SUED BY NINTENDO AND THEY STOPPED PRODUCTION!

Can someone verify that please? Thanks

13. viriiguy

viriiguy Member

On the R4DS forums they say that is an outright lie.
    They have not been sued or stopped production.

14. Biomenece

Biomenece Member

I like realhotstuff.com, if ya a usa customer I highly recommend them. they only ship in the usa.

15. linkj

linkj Member

got my r4 from dealextreme.com
    i got the Chinese one seeing as the English ones are out of stock.
    found a patch to switch the language so that shouldn't be a problem.
    got two 1gb kingston's sd's from http://meritline.stores.yahoo.net/kingston-1gb-micro-sd-card.html
    really good sale going on with the 1gb's now.

paid $8.95 for each 1gb so that equals $17.90
    paid $34.93 for the R4

$52.83 total.
    not too shabby

-Lnk-

16. linkj

linkj Member

and in response to R4 stopping production, they haven't stopped they just can't keep up with the orders being placed for the English R4's.
    so either buy a Chinese version or wait it out.
    to patch r4 Chinese to English go here http://ehsia.com/nintendo-ds/howto/r4-chinese-english

-Lnk-

17. NetCaster

NetCaster Member

I bought mine from superndscards or something. Anyhow, they are base in HK with English website. I ordered like $43 something with $2 something white R4 shell. Both are free shipping. I got it 10 days later after I place my order, they ship it 2 days after I place my order. I paid it thru paypal so it should be safe. The thing is after I opened my package, there were no white R4 replacement shell. I complained but so far on reply from them. So Im a bit neutral with that site. $45 is good enough for me even tho I didnt receive the white replacement shell, should be good to have it on our white DS but it didnt came.

PS I think anything that came out of China (or HK) are inspected physically that why I have missing item on my package.

Edit: their prices differs from time to time as their prices is link to exchange rate of US dollars, at least thats what I think.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  18. weedude99

weedude99 Regular member

I ended up getting it from amazon, i spotted one very cheap while browsing i think it was £20, got a 2 gig memory card aswell for about a fiver.
    :p

19. whitehat1

whitehat1 Member

Hi,

Does anyone know of any uk companies that currently have stock? I've looked through alot of sites and it looks like stock is very short at the moment.

Thanks

20. woof811

woof811 Regular member

hello mate , a uk website i trust and recommend to all are expecting a delivery of r4ds on the 14th of Jan , i have used them many times and they are quick delivery 2-3 days royal mail first class .

http://www.addictsupplies.com/index.php

they also have a stock counter for each product they sell , so you know before you order if they are in stock or not !

they have no stock at the moment but are expecting delivery of r4ds tomorrow ( monday ).

i can well recommend them like i said ive bought from them many times , woof811.

ps. they do have m3ds real in stock if your interested , bought 1 for the wife recently from addictsupplies and it plays all ive thrown at it , no probs so far .

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.