AfterDawn Forums

Gamecube problem!!! I Don't know what else to try

This discussion thread has 9 messages.

Hello All!!

I have a used GC 2 months. Recently i bought Max Drive Pro, Case that fits Full DVD's etc.

But the lens couldn't read a thing because it was used for 3 years..

So i opened my cube, and did what some How-To's said:

I turned the screw (not the potensiometer) in the green square on the back of lazer.. I didn't have any polymeter at the time..

But nothing happened.. only a few times i succeeded in playing but not for a very long..
I also had some errors (red screen in Max Drive Pro) and the "shut Down the console.."

So i bought an original all brand new lens..

And my problems continued!! WTF! I put the potensiometer at 180-190-200-29-220 Ohms and i played again my backups, but only for a few minutes [12-15mins max)

My only question so to determine my problem is: What's the role of the screw in the green Square??? [Oeo??]

What Shoul i do now?? Plese Help!!

PS Sorry for the length of the post, and sorry for my English.. I am from Greece, and this is my first post @ Afterdawn!
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 11 Nov 2007 @ 12:28
▼▼ This topic has 8 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Sounds like you are adjusting it too high. Try 100 to 130 Ohms.
basically now, i turned the screw only a little anti-clockwise, and it works fine!! I didn't have much time though to test if everything is all right.. If i go to 120 ohms wouldn't be too low??
Originally posted by uou:
Sounds like you are adjusting it too high. Try 100 to 130 Ohms.
i did that and nothing happened!

Actually now it's worse than before, because at that low ohms i can't boot Max Drive Pro (so to run GCoS etc.)

Please is there anyone knowing what is the screw in the green square?? If i knew, i would reverse my action..
Read this and click on the pot link. http://modthatcube.psx-scene.com/main.htm

Also what screw in the green square are you talking about?

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 13 Nov 2007 @ 3:53
that screw i meant what does.. that i turned in the start, and the the potensiometer. I Read a very old guide at gamefaqs.com, and didn't understand what screw to turn.

oh here's where the crew i told about is:

*slaps forehead*

Oh my goodness, that's just a regular screw. No wonder nothing was happening. :)

Use the guide in the link I posted above.

lol
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 15 Nov 2007 @ 19:46
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.