AfterDawn Forums

Sony Vegas Codecs?

This discussion thread has 2 messages.

hi i'm having trouble with playing avi. files(which have 3ivx D4 4.5.1 Pro Video Codec)on Sony Vegas 6. Everytime I open the file and play it on Vegas the video is all black and corrupted but the audio is fine. I thought my computer might be missing the codec but when I played the file on windows media player it was perfectly fine.So i think it's just the codec in the program that's missing or something.
I've used Vegas before and it was working perfectly until i tried upgrading it to Vegas 8 PRO. Now both have the same problem and i don't know what's causing the problem. can someone please help?
▼▼ This topic has 1 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Sony Vegas does not work with Divx or Xvid. I use it and the workaround is to use something like tmpg and convert it to an mpeg, then load it into vegas. When you load these avi's , you should notice that only the audio portion was accepted, not the video. What I usually do is use tmpg, then after rendering it, use vegas to render the audio for surround sound so that I have two or three audio tracks to choose from. Vegas has more features than tmpg for editing and it is good. I have used tmpg and then rerendered it in vegas adding more color, sharpness, ect. It still comes out good, but it is time consuming. I would only suggest that you do all this if the movie is worth it.If not, stick with tmpg for the small things.

Lets keep it real.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.