1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about the 6555

Discussion in 'Nokia phones' started by NEMOWUNER, Nov 19, 2007.

1. NEMOWUNER

NEMOWUNER Member

All i need to know is if I can add my own ringtones to this phone?And if so how ?

2. paulo84

paulo84 Member

i looked it up on nokia.com, it should be possible. either use the web function on the phone to download ringtones (you may have to pay), or otherwise buy a usb data transfer cable (it doesn't seem to come with one in the box), connect it to your computer and copy and paste music files over.

3. globeeric

globeeric Member

have Nokia 6555, sales rep at store downloaded 2 ringtones from a website to replace the built in ring tones. Now I have Yakaty Sax and Tia Juana Taxi on each phone.
    I think sales rep used from PC to phone a blue tooth transfer. phone is capable of blue tooth, and I have the special USB cord..
    Also have RingTone Media Studio & Ring Factory (PODMAXX08) have for creating from MP3, WAV or MID files into ring tones..
    Question 1...
    what is the allowable length of the ring tone?
    2.... How to I transfer if use bluetooth
    or USB cord? Is it copy and paste
    and I know that those are saved to the mystuff/tones etc..

Nokia came also with Nokia PC Suite.. and got as far as connection.. but
    seems complicated, poor instructions,

help appreciated...
    Globeeric

4. globeeric

globeeric Member

Replying to self. Will keep you posted but I managed to
    use a program called Ring Factory (Purchased software "podmaxx08" and software called "Ring Factory" was in that box)
    inexpensive program..

Ringtones made it very easy to take my MP3 files and convert to WAV file. And I was able to use a very selected portion of the wav file or MP3 file in which to create my Ringtone...
    In some, I used first portion of song, in others the middle or the ending.. just so could keep the length to under 45 seconds and under 300 KB. Have mostly instrumental but am trying some instrumental with vocals.

RING FACTORY allows one to listen to entire wav or MP3 file,
    OR select a portion of the original file and also preview the selected portion of file. One can keep playing and selecting the wanted ringtone portion of the original wav or MP3.

Saved the newly created Ring tones to a personal folder!

Also was able to select bass to treble.. to avoid static it was best to keep the ringtone at one marker below center (midway between bass and treble OR right at CENTER. One may not notice while playing ringtone back but it will show up on phone!

As have USB cord, I used Windows Media Player and 'sync" the list to Nokia 6555. Had to move the files from graphic-tones music to the "music" for the ringer.

Nokia PC Suite that came with phone.. I think..........
    also has a file transfer from PC to phone. Not used it yet..
    Hope this helps! and did not confuse you!
    globeeric

5. globeeric

globeeric Member

Have a NOKIA.. By accident I learned of a website by AT&T
    It gives me step by step on how tos of understanding my new phone.
    I also learned how to PC to Nokia file transfer of my newly created ring tones. Ring tone formats--AAC, ACC, WAV, MP3, Mid etc..
    go to AT&T and search for tutorials!
    Found something similar but not as comphrensive in Sprint.

glo