1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMV FILES to AVI

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by jsmith3, Nov 22, 2007.

1. jsmith3

jsmith3 Member

I downloaded a WMV file from the internet that I want to use in a video, eventually to a DVD. The Pinnacle editing software does not support that file extension (only AVI or MPG). So how do I change WMV to AVI ?
    Thanks!

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

welcome to afterdawn, your post has nothing to do with hd dvd, so you would get better help if you post in the right forum, and you are wanting to convert a wmv to avi, i am most sure that your question has been asked quite a few times, it would be a good thing to use the search button before you post, you might try searching wmv to avi, and i know that you would find quite a few posts that will help you. also if you click on one of the tabs at the top of this page, like software or guides you will find the converter you are needing, good luck

3. sabrina2

sabrina2 Member

Hi,
    Here is one of the best option that is available on the net and is called Movavi VideoSuite . It is an extremely powerful video conversion, DVD Ripping and DVD authoring software. You can quickly convert WMV to AVI, MPEG, MP4, DivX, VOB or any other popular video format in one single click. The Movavi VideoSuite is so easy-to-use and effective in getting the job done. You can test it out with a free trial version. Hope this help you. Good luck!