AfterDawn Forums

What is the best psp custom firmware to use if wanting to play iso/cso games

This discussion thread has 10 messages.

After some help guys following spending hours(nearly all day) going round all the various psp sites.

I have psp firmware 2.71. If i am correct i need to downgrade to v1.5 using the dark_alex downgrader?? I am ok with this bit (I think) but very confused with what custom firmware i then need to load onto the psp so that i can get the best out of it.
My main concern is that i want to play iso/cso games on the psp, which custom firmware should i plump for? And where and how do i load this on??

Any help that could be given to this novice in the custom psp world would be greatly aprrecaited!!!
▼▼ This topic has 9 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
3.52 M33-4 or 3.71 M33-3 + 1.50 ADD ON-2. Both are stable CFW so choose which ever 1 you would like.

Go HERE to install 3.52 M33-4 after you have downgraded to 1.50 firmware.

If you want the latest Dark_Alex custom firmware go HERE and upgrade to 3.71 M33-2 (you need to be updated to 3.52 M33-4 first before installing this firmware).

After you have updated to 3.71 M33-2 + 1.50 Add ON-2 go HERE and install 3.71 M33-3 update. Just download the file and extract it. Then drag the UPDATE folder to the /PSP/GAME folder and run the update via Game Menu Memory Stick.

After you have finished updating to 3.71 M33-3 format the Memory Stick so the proper folders can be created on the Memory Stick. Now drag the ISO/CSO file into the ISO folder. Then play the PSP game via Game Menu memory Stick.

Go HERE and follow the steps to get your ISO/CSO files working properly.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 24 Nov 2007 @ 13:52

before you downgrade see if you have a ta-082 motherboard
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/369035

if you have a pink psp is a ta-086 motherboard

then to downgrade see here
http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-gui...uide-90916.html
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 24 Nov 2007 @ 14:15
Thats all great and will give a try in the morning. I had scribbled a few firmware names down early when going round the sites and have come across ones that end in oe-a for example 3.40 oe-a. What is the difference from these to the m33's you have suggested.

When loading these custom firmwares is there still a chance of bricking your psp or is that only when you try and downgrade down to v1.5??

Many thanks again.
You always have a possibility to brick your PSP when flashing firmware but if you follow the guides there is a very slim chance.

OE and M33 where coded by Dark_Alex. M33 is more current then OE versions. At least update to 3.52 M33-4. If you want the latest firmware then update to 3.71 M33-3.

3.71M33-3...i recommend that.

Where can i get all the files required for that + a guide on how to upgrade to the cfw??

Many thanks,

Also getting ahead of my self but wheres the best site for downloading iso/cso psp files?
on the 3.71 m33 what the 1.5 add on all about? dO YOU NEED THIS AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Originally posted by mark1986:
on the 3.71 m33 what the 1.5 add on all about? dO YOU NEED THIS AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
it is required if u want homebrew enabled.it helps in many way so for me its important.

Originally posted by mark1986:
Where can i get all the files required for that + a guide on how to upgrade to the cfw??

Many thanks,

Also getting ahead of my self but wheres the best site for downloading iso/cso psp files?
Why don't you read all the previous post? I have already linked to guiddes for 3.52 M33-4 and 3.71 M33-2 above.

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.