1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAVC can i remove yellow menu bar?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rogue212, Nov 25, 2007.

1. rogue212

rogue212 Guest

Hi, having great results with FAVC and wondered is it possible to remove the yellow menu bar that appears on the menu screen, thanx.

2. attar

attar Senior member

The default background, FAVC\Menu\background.jpg is a 768x576 blank (white) image - is yours the same?
    The preview button should be showing it exactly as it will appear.

3. rogue212

rogue212 Guest

Yes its white, its just when i enter anything in one of the title slots, say i don't want to list my chapters, titles etc or have a heading and just write PLAY in box 1, when i play the dvd the main menu has a yellow bar across the screen with play in the middle of it. Even if i leave the title box blank i still get a yellow bar across the screen. This doesn't appear in the preview, if i add just a heading its fine, no bars etc. Is this bar just used to scroll through chapter or titles if i had more then one, it just spoils the menu screen. Also if i add a background picture when i come to make a new dvd it won't let me use the default white, its still got the same back groud picture from the previous project, or until i add another one, anyway to clear it, thanx.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2007
  4. attar

attar Senior member

On the first screen, if you click the 'No Menu' button, does it still show - or do you still want a menu, just without the bar?

5. rogue212

rogue212 Guest

If i click the no menu option there's no yellow bar, the dvd just auto plays when inserted in the dvd player, but i need to have a menu and the yellow bar across the screen just spoils the look of the menu. Its ok as i,ve found out this is normal for FAVC, its a great program, thanx for your help.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2007
  6. attar

attar Senior member

In the Menu folder, there is a file' Highlights_Scheme.csm', that can be opened with notepad.
    I know PgcEdit can be used to change button attributes, but I don't understand the codes used.

7. attar

attar Senior member

To follow up, the .csm file can be modified.
    Below, where it shows the four 'sixes', the colour number range is 0 to 15.
    I changed them to '7', which is a grey-blue shade.
    The '8420' numbers below that, refer to 'contrast' or opacity.
    I haven't taken it any farther, but the I assume that, depending on the menu background, you have to be careful to ensure the highlight effect stands out.

Note that PgcEdit can be used to change the colour values, using the DVD folder that FAVC saves - that way, the .csm file can be left untouched.

# PgcEdit's exported color schemes.
    # Edit at your own risk!

# Color scheme 1:
    set ::menued::color(1,sel_color_3) 6
    set ::menued::color(1,sel_color_2) 6
    set ::menued::color(1,sel_color_1) 6
    set ::menued::color(1,sel_color_0) 6

set ::menued::color(1,sel_opacity_3) 8
    set ::menued::color(1,sel_opacity_2) 4
    set ::menued::color(1,sel_opacity_1) 2
    set ::menued::color(1,sel_opacity_0) 0

8. rogue212

rogue212 Guest

Sounds interesting, but i think i need a little more experience before i give it a try, saying that i'm tempted! thanx for all your help and time once again attar, its much appreciated, rogue212.

9. attar

attar Senior member

Live large.
    Copy the "Highlights_Scheme.csm" file from the 'Menu' folder to a safe place.
    Replace it with a copy (put that copy in the Menu folder)..
    Open that copied file in 'Notebook', make the changes from 6 to 7 and save it.

Start FAVC; proceed to compile.
    When the DVD is burned and played back in the standalone player, the Menu yellow bar will be grey-blue.
    If you want to return to normal, change the colour number 7 to 6 (yellow bar) replace the original safe version back in the menu folder - and recreate the output foldr.